Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Trops and my 1911

Well I got a call from Dave Dunn about 2 hours ago, he was very nice and apologetic. He refunded the cost and is even going to help me with another problem that i'm having that wasn't even his problem in the first place. So all and all i'm happy that it was resolved and that he took it in his own responsibly to contact me to make it right.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Trops and my 1911 *update*

Im glad to hear that your happy with the outcome. I have spent alot of time in at Trop and I am dissapointed that you were so quick to jump on the internet and bash them. If you have a problem with service its best to just go to the manager or owner before posting stuff online out of anger. Trop has made significant changes in the past few months. The staff is very knowledgeable, lots of great inventory, a vast array of guns and kick ass prices.THEYVE COME A LONG WAY!!! The gunsmith fixed a gun that was already messed up. Its not a smart idea to get a bunch of mix matched parts that arent meant for that model gun and be upset when everything isnt working smoothly or operate like a brand new 1911..... Its great to hear that Dave is helping you out... you wouldnt find that personal customer service from a shop that didnt care about their customers!
    Last edited by bowhunter021; March 16th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter021 View Post
    Im glad to hear that your happy with the outcome. I have spent alot of time in at Trop and I am dissapointed that you were so quick to jump on the internet and bash them. If you have a problem with service its best to just go to the manager or owner before posting stuff online out of anger. Trop has made significant changes in the past few months. The staff is very knowledgeable, lots of great inventory, a vast array of guns and kick ass prices.THEYVE COME A LONG WAY!!! The gunsmith fixed a gun that was already messed up. Its not a smart idea to get a bunch of mix matched parts that arent meant for that model gun and be upset when everything isnt working smoothly or operate like a brand new 1911..... Its great to hear that Dave is helping you out... you wouldnt find that personal customer service from a shop that didnt give a shit about their customers!
    Disagree. Speaking to the management would have been wise, however, the op was given a price for services, and those services were not done correctly... if the parts supplied were wrong, the "knowledgeable staff" should have been knowledgeable enough to tell him that, not try to use them anyway. I would say the op had actual cause to post his experience here. The gunsmith did not fix the gun properly, for which he charged triple the quoted price. I would be upset too, if I had paid triple for services and was handed back a gun that isn't working properly. It's the owner's responsibility to control what goes on in his shop, and ultimately his responsiblity to not let this gun walk out of his door as it did. So how is Dave "helping" the op out by correcting the situation after the fact? He is doing the right thing by correcting the situation - but "helpful"? ...as opposed to what, doing nothing. If "personal customer service" was as important to this business, as you state, the op wouldn't have had anything to post about in the first place.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter021 View Post
    The gunsmith fixed a gun that was already messed up. Its not a smart idea to get a bunch of mix matched parts that arent meant for that model gun and be upset when everything isnt working smoothly or operate like a brand new 1911.....
    It wasn't already already messed up, it worked fine, actually better then when I got it. it wasn't mix matched parts 5-piece kit, Safety. How is that a bunch of parts that aren't meant for the gun, it's all 1911 government model parts. It's not like I took parts meant for another type of gun and modified them to work....
    Also it's a bit funny that your from mount joy and just happened to join this forum what, an hour ago, and your first post is this... it's not a good way to start a reputation on the forum by bashing a member in your first post.

Thanks Nic for the response
    Last edited by 6SPEED; March 17th, 2012 at 12:24 AM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Trops and my 1911

Quote Originally Posted by 6SPEED View Post
    Well I got a call from Dave Dunn about 2 hours ago, he was very nice and apologetic. He refunded the cost and is even going to help me with another problem that i'm having that wasn't even his problem in the first place. So all and all i'm happy that it was resolved and that he took it in his own responsibly to contact me to make it right.
    I rest my case

Internet rants and foot stomping may be damaging to the business reputation, but, they don't improve your situation. Of course there are always those unhappy/angry folk that are happy to have one more thing to bitch about.

In my experience, most smart business owners want happy customers and would rather hear directly from the unhappy client and be be given the opportunity to make things right than make $50.

I'm glad it appears it will all work out for the OP.

Jim

(Lancaster County)

wasnt a fan of trops before but now that they changed ive been going in more. i get most of my reloading supplies there. for smith work i agree with snuffy i only go to steve at bullseye for any work that i need done. great guy and he is also the president of mount joy sportsman.

(York County)

I can say that since Dave Dunn has taken over Trops it is a great place to do business. My hunting partner Bruce and I have been there several times and Bruce has dropped some big cash for rifles he used on our Africa hunt. Everytime we go in, we have a great experience. Everyone is very polite and they know what they are talking about.

Dave has taken care of a few small problems that cropped up and was very easy to work with.

I will continue to give him business!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12