Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Met an avid anti

Well, I just found out that my partner at work tonight is a total anti. We were watching Anderson Cooper and they were discussing the Trayvon Martin case. A gentlman was on there stating that this incident would expose the flaws in Florida’s Stand Your Ground laws. I made a comment stating that it had nothing to do with any flaws, that the guy had no right/reason to shoot the kid. Our conversation then went south before it even started. She stated that anyone that is that afraid that they need to carry a gun should just, and I quote “stay inside their little bubble”. I told her that I carry and I am not afraid. She said she would be happy if there were stricter gun control and that the NRA should be gotten rid of. I just shook my head and turned around. Knowing this person as I do, I knew there was no winning this discussion. It wouldn’t even be worth my time to try and have a discussion or try and educate her on the laws and reasons….be like trying to talk to my ex-wife.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Met an avid anti

where's a good popcorn picture when you need one?

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    This one's gonna get good. Go with the mj picture
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Venango County)

All I can say is if I am out in public and someone punches me and I did not strike them or threaten them, they may get seriously hurt...

Nothing good can come of arguing this at work. Sometimes people make accusations etc. to management about you (somewhat true or even totally false) just to get 'rid' of you. I have heard of similar stories happening in the workplace where one has very little in the way of any rights.

Guns are tools and have nothing to do with fear. Afraid of accidents so you wear a seatbelt or have smoke detectors and extinguishers because you are paranoid of fires? No, they are tools to use in the unlikely event an accident occurs/fire starts.

I like mine with extra butter...
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Berks County)

I Dont think she will be as /anti/ when someone robs her or breaks into her home. I dont carry because I am scared, I carry because I am prepared.
    "Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me" -Genesis 27:3

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunGirl610 View Post
    I Dont think she will be as /anti/ when someone robs her or breaks into her home. I dont carry because I am scared, I carry because I am prepared.
    I couldn't agree with you more. But the one thing that I've learned in my short time here at this forum is that you have to choose your "battles" wisely. And like I said, I know her well enough that regardless of what I said, it wouldn't make a difference.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunGirl610 View Post
    I Dont think she will be as /anti/ when someone robs her or breaks into her home.
    If she's not home, she'll be grateful that she didn't have a gun because it won't end up on the street killing children.

If she is home, she'll hide in her powder room and wait for the intruder to find her and kill her. Then she won't be anti-gun anymore, she just won't be anything.

I'd say the situation was handled exactly the way it should have. You can take a horse to water so to speak. and until shes in a position where she would say" Huh I kind of wish I had a gun right about now" she will always be an anti.
    And as for sweet little Trayvonn, I would say that was handled the right way as well. Even CNN is saying that they might have Rushed to judgement too quickly in the matter. Getting my skull pounded in sounds kind of fatal to me.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/27/justic...html?hpt=hp_c1
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post
    If she is home, she'll hide in her powder room and wait for the intruder to find her and kill her. Then she won't be anti-gun anymore, she just won't be anything.
    Survival of the fittest doesn't imply survival of the people who are the victims of crime.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast