Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: gander mountain erie pa

Quote Originally Posted by allen16323 View Post
    yeah and in some area they have to be gold plated to show your statis in the hood. is that right?
    i might as well live on a farm
    sig sauer p239 .357 sig DC(open carry for now)
    witness .40s&w
    .22mag/lr revolver
    .22 remington rifle semiauto
    12 ga moss 500 pistol grip(loaded with slug hollow points)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    when i stopped at the gander mountain west mifflin store i thought they had a policy. i looked at the women at the desk and i asked about firearms. she leaned over the counter, and said to me that if carring conceled i`m sure you know what your doing. just tell the guys in the back if you want to look at holsters before you take it out of your holster. she just smiled at me and went back to work.
    Please tell me you didn't go into the store with your loaded firearm to try fitting it with a new holster. If you did, did they have a sand barrel to clear and repoad your gun. Great way to have a ND.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by omgur2 View Post
    Bass pro here in Harrisburg wants you to check your weapons at the customer service desk....yea right
    I specifically asked them about that sign and they said that is for weapons being brought in to be sold or serviced.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by AK47sForAll View Post
    How sure are you? I didn't see ANY little print on the bottom, it must have been damn small.
    It didn't have any last time I was there.

In my case, I just simply let Concealed = Concealed, and didn't worry about it. YMMV.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by kennedyted View Post
    so Wednesday i go into gander mountain to return my shoulder holster, as the back/shoulder straps are to small(48in) im in there trying other ones out, i go to exchange the old holster for the new one, and the clerk sees my hip holster and asks me to cover it up, i asked him why and he replies, " i know its an open carry state but when you are in a vehicle or a store that has policies against it, you need to conceal i informed him that i have my ltcf and he says i have to conceal it and thats all the ltcf is for". i checked my ltcf nowhere does it say anything about conceal carry, i have read the laws and am pretty sure i can carry it around my neck on a chain if i felt like doing so, also they have no signs at the doors saying anything of the sort, i mean ffs they are a gun store, people had pistols sitting on the counter and i have to cover up ?

sorry i hate grammar was i in the wrong? would just like to be informed if so
    [Soapbox]Capitalization, more than one paragraph, and proper spacing would make this easier to read, understand, and reply to. [/soapbox.]

You are wrong in one aspect. If an agent of the owner requests you do something, and you don't... then you are starting down the path of trespass. Further, arguing with the peon that may or may not have a firm grasp of the rules of the store isn't really productive. Next time, say that you'd rather not, and then ask to speak with the Manager. Then again, the manager may just be a slightly higher level of peon that still doesn't no company policy... but s/he might be able to correct the employee.

YMMV

That sign is for only if you are checking in a firearm. Gander Mtns policy is oc/cc are fine in all their stores. They conform to state law go look. Cabelas is the sameway. I have oc in all the stores.
    Ruger SR1911/SR9/Glock 19

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123