Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Anyone own/shoot .44 Mag in 2 or 4 inch barrel?

.44 mag vrs .41 mag? I have shot the Taurus Tracker in both calibers, both were 4" barrels and both were ported (I say were, I own the Tarcker .44, the .41 I believe is the model 425). The recoil difference is negligible. The knock down is not. Go with the .44. Remember, too, that you could get in a sit where you have to shoot off hand, with one hand, so ruling the 2" barrel out will give you better control.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

I wanted to add that if you come across a 5.5" barrel or 6" barreled Ruger Redhawk, snatch one of them up. It isn't really any harder to carry, offers a tic more control, and you can mount a scope on one if you want to.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Allegheny County)

Well, I have the Taurus Tracker in the 4-inch that I carry for back-up during hunting and winter hiking. I love it! With its 6-ported holes and carry-able weight, it is pleasure to shoot. Reliable and accurate with my shooting experience. The Raging Bull series is a bit much in weight. Ever consider the Judge; has all these new weights and you can shoot shot-shells.

(Cambria County)

My Father in law owns a 629 1.5 inch magna ported. It kicks my hand like a mule! He has no problems with it and used it as his back up gun when on duty. I found it far to thick for that, but he didn't. After 12 rounds I was done. You just have to respect the power of the .44rem mag. What a great round. The boom alone should send any critter running with it's tail between it's legs.
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123