Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta Clone

Default Beretta Clone

Does anyone have any experience with the ATI AT92 (MKEK Girsan Yavuz 16)? Its a Turkish Beretta 92F clone. Carried by the Turkish military (NATO certified), Syrian army, Maylsian special forces, Colombian Air Force security forces,and a couple of other militaries.

I have one of these, and it is a fantastic shooter. Came with 2 hi-cap Beretta mags, and parts appear to be 100% Beretta interchangable. CDNN has these (this is not an advertisement, I'm just impressed about the value) for $299.00 + S/H and ffl= $336.00 otd.

I own several military /police type pistols, and this one out shoots them all.

I am new to this forum, and wanted to let you guys know about one of the best pistol values out there. Recently ordered 2 Mec-Gar 20rd. M9 mags, and for fun a factory Beretta 30 rounder. ( I'm an old guy so humor me...looks cool)

Gunner

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Beretta Clone

Thats close to prices for good used Beretta, I actually paid less OTD for a used American Beretta 92FS.

(Cumberland County)

Welcome ! I bought the 92C from CDNN as well when they first came out for $299. I have had zero issues, a great gun, and a great clone! A pretty much exact clone too, takes all Beretta accessories as far as I can tell! So far, I've only changed the grips, a perfect fit.

All I can say is...I'm not that great of shot, wish I was. Old tired eyes, were alot better when I was drafted.

Silhuoette (probanly mis-spelled that) 25-30 feet 12 head shots , 2 off right 4-5 inches, 1 off left 2 inches.

For me, this really good!! My opinion great shooter, great price.

Out of a few thousand, CDNN has couple of hundred left. There will be no more coming into the U. S. (Beretta got pissed)

(Chester County)

Word is that MKEK(state owned armed manufacturer) did some manufacturing for Beretta a number of years ago but the relationship ended on unfriendly terms and MKEK decided since they already had the tooling and plans in place they would just keep producing the 92 under their own branding. My guess is like the Stoeger(also Turkish interestingly enough, but partially owned by Beretta), you're getting the same product without paying the premium for the brand name.

The one difference I'm aware of is that Beretta switched to a polymer guide rod and trigger in the newer 92's whereas MKEK continues to use all steel parts. Whether that's a deficiency or a selling point depends on the buyer.
    The Army was the biggest mistake I've ever been proud to make.

I am a Beretta long time fan, like most Americans I can't resisit a deal like this. If I can I'm am going to get a American 92C just to add to my collection. I even like the Tarurus so I know I'll really like an exact clone of the 92sf. As it was stated in Tombstone one of my favorite western "my alegion only goes so far". Doc Holiday stated leaving the badge on Ringo's body. I need to get one of these before they run out.
    Last edited by Neko456; March 14th, 2012 at 08:45 AM.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    I am a Beretta long time fan, like most Americans I can't resisit a deal like this. If I can I'm am going to get a American 92C just to add to my collection. I even like the Tarurus so I know I'll really like an exact clone of the 92sf. As it was stated in Tombstone one of my favorite western "my alegion only goes so far". Doc Holiday stated leaving the badge on Ringo's body. I need to get one of these before they run out.
    You won't be disappointed! For me it was a no brainer. New Beretta 92 compact $ 550+ new, $ 400+ used, or an exact clone for $299 new
    Here's mine when I first took it out of the box

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    As it was stated in Tombstone one of my favorite western "my alegion only goes so far". Doc Holiday stated leaving the badge on Ringo's body.
    Pretty sure he said: "Poor soul, you were just too high strung." But the quote you are thinking of was "my hypocrisy only goes so far."

Anyway, I just picked up a MS380 which is the 84fs clone from the same factory in Turkey if I'm not mistaken. Fantastic gun for the $309 final price tag, compared to the shocking sticker on the Beretta. Shoots like butter.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

My eyes are not what they used to be. So I am sure there are a lot better shots than me.

With this pistol, at 25 feet, 1/2 silhouette. 15 rounds, 12 head shots, 3 rounds off at about 3-4 inches. Fairly rapid fire, tried to double tap. This pistol shoots alot better than I do.

A "real" marksman armed with this pistol would be very deadly.

Realize I have stated this mol in a previous post, but for you younger guys that can see downrange well, for the price, you are really missing out.
    Last edited by Okiegunner; March 15th, 2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Addendum

(Montgomery County)

How is this different from Cougar? Both are Turkish Berettas. Doesn't the Cougar have a better name recognition?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast