Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default glock 34 or a glock 35

Going to start shooting idpa competition and love glocks, but would you rather shoot .9mm or .40 cal. I'm thinking the 9mm is cheaper and easier to shoot, what do you guys think!!!

(Blair County)

Default Re: glock 34 or a glock 35

I don't shoot IDPA, but I don't see where shooting .40 would be advantageous. More expensive, more recoil, less capacity. I'd get the 34.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

The .40 can reach major power factor more easily. Something to consider for the future.

(Cumberland County)

Agreed with comment about reaching major. Plus, u could always order a conversion barrel and shoot 9mm from the 35. Not possible to convert the .40 to 9mm though. I think they run right around $120 for a Lone Wolf barrel to convert.

I recently picked up a conversion barrel for my glock 23 and can't believe how well it shoots the 9mm's. Even wwb 115 grains.
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Montgomery County)

If you are only looking to shoot IDPA,, then you would prob be better off with the G34.

If you think there is a remote chance you will shoot USPSA and might like it and get into it.. Go with the G35.

IDPA you can shoot the G35 with the conversion barrel in ESP. I'm not sure if USPSA has a division for the conversion barrels other than Open.

Reloading for me, there is no price difference between 9 and 40, it is the same cost.

I just picked up a G35 gen4 about 2 months ago. Mainly for USPSA. using my G21 for IDPA.
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    If you are only looking to shoot IDPA,, then you would prob be better off with the G34.

If you think there is a remote chance you will shoot USPSA and might like it and get into it.. Go with the G35.

IDPA you can shoot the G35 with the conversion barrel in ESP. I'm not sure if USPSA has a division for the conversion barrels other than Open.

Reloading for me, there is no price difference between 9 and 40, it is the same cost.

I just picked up a G35 gen4 about 2 months ago. Mainly for USPSA. using my G21 for IDPA.
    I didn't think you could use a gun as long as the 34 or 35 in the USPSA,I think its barely legal in idpa, but I could be wrong, just getting into these competitions.

(Centre County)

Look what I found (not affiliated).....

http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/16...rice-drop.html
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Lackawanna County)

It really depends on what caliber you shoot better. If you can reload .40 down to the recoil of the 9mm then go that route. You will have bigger holes with smaller bullet recoil. However, if we are talking shooting factory ammo, then 9mm all the way. Its cheaper and at least for me,much easier on the hands! I own a G34 and compete in IDPA.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rayval123 View Post
    I didn't think you could use a gun as long as the 34 or 35 in the USPSA,I think its barely legal in idpa, but I could be wrong, just getting into these competitions.
    You most certainly can use the G34 and 35 in USPSA. It is funny to see and use in IDPA because it is pretty much sold as a competition gun, but it is perfectly legal in that as well.. Even with a magwell. Just depends which division you want to shoot in.

And I totally agree with Fastfive.. If I had to shoot factory ammo only out of my G35, I would of given it away the first day I shot it. I'd rather shoot major power factor out of the 45 than factory 40ammo.

But if you use minor loads, that does affect the scoring.. So it depends on what you are after.. IDPA for SSP/ESP you are at 125k PF.. That is pretty easy to make. Just swap out to a lighter recoil spring.
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

Another win win situaion regradless of the Glock you choose either would serve your purpose though as mention you don't take a bite from not shooting in the major power class with the 40 cal, but the Glock 34 would be able to give you the scores you need to compete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast