Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default I think I'm in love!

I'm in the market for my first wheel gun, and I just found this on S&W's site.

link

Lord only knows what the actual price will be, looking at that MSRP. Anyone know of any shops in NEPA that have in stock or can actually get stock that was announced at shot 2012 yet? I know I was told by one shop I would have to wait until warehouses get better stock of the items before I can most likely get it, being that it was just announced.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: I think I'm in love!

I already have my dealer looking for one as well. I am also scouring the web.

It looks like the MSRP is $20 less than the 686... so hopefully that means somewhere around the $600 mark? That is what most 686's I've seen lately are going for.

just wish it didn't have that freaking lock.
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by jachrist View Post
    I already have my dealer looking for one as well. I am also scouring the web.

It looks like the MSRP is $20 less than the 686... so hopefully that means somewhere around the $600 mark? That is what most 686's I've seen lately are going for.

just wish it didn't have that freaking lock.
    I just looked up dealer cost from the warehouse we get S&W's from, the cost of the 586 is about $15 less than the 686.
    Where are you seeing 686's for around $600 retail cause that's very close to wholesale.
    I've been seeing them for around $675 retail.

The 586 is not in stock though in either barrel length.
    If they were in stock, I'd have to price one out at about $675 from the wholesaler we deal with.
    Wholesale prices can vary though, so I would expect to see prices range from $650 to $700 depending on the dealers source.

But remember that when a new model comes out, if demand is high, you might have about a year of sales at the MSRP mark until interest dies down.

(Luzerne County)

I hate how manufactures, not just gun manufactures, will announce something great then you can't actually find one for months! Drives me insane!

(Snyder County)

It's absolutely frustrating that manufacturers do this to the public. It's just like these cell companies advertising 4G saying "coming soon to your area!" and yet we don't even have att 3g in the area. On a positive note It just so happens I have one of these 586's coming tomorrow. I'm 99% sure it's going to be the 4 inch model although the distributor has a feeling they messed up on the model number in their books and it's actually a 6 inch model. Either way I'm anxious to see if it equals the beauty of the original since I highly doubt I will see another anytime soon...

Why not just find a used one without the internal lock. It's not like the 586 is brand new, it was produced from 1980 to 1999 the first time around.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delerius View Post
    It's absolutely frustrating that manufacturers do this to the public. It's just like these cell companies advertising 4G saying "coming soon to your area!" and yet we don't even have att 3g in the area. On a positive note It just so happens I have one of these 586's coming tomorrow. I'm 99% sure it's going to be the 4 inch model although the distributor has a feeling they messed up on the model number in their books and it's actually a 6 inch model. Either way I'm anxious to see if it equals the beauty of the original since I highly doubt I will see another anytime soon...
    where are you located? Is it going to be for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Why not just find a used one without the internal lock. It's not like the 586 is brand new, it was produced from 1980 to 1999 the first time around.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    I'm not too concerned about the lock, after all, this is my first wheel gun. I'm not too sure what all the fuss over the lock is about anyways.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by redturbo0 View Post
    where are you located? Is it going to be for sale?
    It's going to be... $679.95. I'm located in downtown Selinsgrove almost right a
    cross the street from BJ's steak and ribs...

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delerius View Post
    It's going to be... $679.95. I'm located in downtown Selinsgrove almost right a
    cross the street from BJ's steak and ribs...
    mmm steak and ribs.... oh wait what? Oh oh the gun... well, if you still have it in 2 and a half more weeks, which I doubt you will... I'll be down to pick it up!

(Centre County)

Cant go wrong with Smitty wheel gun.

Except, I'm still not too keen on the internal gun lock thing on newer Smitty wheel guns...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast