Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Check out my reloading room/bench

Really nice setup,vey professional looking,keep up the good work.Looking forward to seeing the finished product.(And if you think you've accumulated a lot,just wait,a few years!)
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Very Nice Job, You already got me re-thinking my Set up. Just need the time & $$ -- Thanks for Sharing with us.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

Thanks for all of the feedback from everyone. As you can guess I wish I had the space to make the room larger. I am happy with the way it has turned out so far.

Neko456 - I do have a shotshell press. It's a Lee LoadAll so it isn't quite the quality of the LNL but it works. I don't shot much shotgun anymore so it doesn't get much use. I may go through 3 or 4 boxes of 12 guage a year and that's on the high side. Most of my shotshell needs are met when Dick's has their pre season sale.

39flathead - Thank you for the bayonet mounting ideas. That's a method I had not considered. As for the press height, I do use a bar stool style seat. I have found this to be the most comfortable as I don't have to bend over the press. At the current height this puts my shell plate just below chest height making it easy to keep an eye on powder levels, case position, etc... You are correct about the dies taking up a lot of space. A wall shelf is the next project to get some of the stuff up off the counter. Initial plan is for the shelf to be 96"w x 36"h x 6" deep. With three shelves this will give me 24 linear feet. It may sound like a lot but I have a feeling I'll have no problem filling it. This will also be where most of my military paraphanelia will go.

In the mean time, below is the latest addition that was just finished today. I had the rack built to store some of the rifles and shotguns that don't fit in the safe. I have a number of military bolt actions, 22's, etc... that just have not justified the purchase of a second safe. Eventually I will get another safe but it isn't in the budget right now. I still need to put a coat of polyurethane on the rack and line the notches with felt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Indiana County)

Nice rack.

(Seems weird saying that to a guy)

Plenty of space for ammo it looks like.

+1 for letting your daughter help out, I also let my 8yo help me.
    Same thing, she likes working the handle when I'm resizing 9mm, calls it her workout.
    .44M and 5.56 is a bit to tough for her yet.

I can honestly say you're the first to tell me I have a nice rack.

If anyone is interested in the rack plan, I got the idea from the following website http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRacks.htm

Nice lay out. I wish I had that much counter space.

OK... the next project is developing. This is back to the subject of a bayonet display. Thanks again to 39flathead for the idea. Here is the plan:

On one of my original photos you can see there are 2 different heights to the ceiling. There is a 9 inch difference. I'm going to try to frame out a 8" x 8' piece of pegboard and mount it where the ceiling changes height. I want to get them displayed but I do not want them taking up a significant portion of the wall. The larger wall areas are reserved for shelves, a framed guidon from my most recent command, some items I brought home from Iraq, etc... To hold the bayonets in place I ordered 3/16" rubber cording from Grainger which I can lace through the pegboard holes. I'm just hoping this thing will be sturdy enough to hold the weight of the bayonets. The rubber cord won't be delivered until next week so final photos will be a while.

Any thought, ideas, recommendations? Several coworkers said sell the bayonets and buy another gun but I'll hang onto them. They were given to me by a relative, I'll never replace them, and they're kinda cool. I just gotta get them out of the box where they can be seen and appreciated.

(York County)

where's the couch for me to snooze on while yer crankin out mah boolitz?

No room for a couch (or even a recliner for that matter). My daughter did ask me last night when I am getting her a stool. She made it a point to tell me her's will be padded and more comfortable than the current wood and steel version I have. Oh the joys of a 13 yr old.

Added felt to the rack cut outs today. I have not started the bayonet display... still waiting on the rubber cording to arrive.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast