Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Why do people stock pile ammunition? How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Cheaper in bulk. Lots of ammunition vary somewhat, buying big lots reduces your shot to shot variation.

Sometimes people panic buy. 22 LR was almost impossible to obtain a few years back. Same with 380 ACP. Getting it while the getting is good means that you have it.

End Times? If the world is on fire outside of my home I don't think I'm going to be able to save the collection. It'll burn.

Stockpile has a military connotation. I'm not a soldier.
    Speaking of "a few years back"!!!

Just how BORED are you to dig up a thread from 2012?

LOL!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Why do people stock pile ammunition? How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

Might be a good time to ask that. Seems a lot of experts are having a lot to say about such things these days. Try writing/asking the editor of your local newspaper.

(Westmoreland County)

What is in my home is nobody else's business.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Speaking of "a few years back"!!!

Just how BORED are you to dig up a thread from 2012?

LOL!
    That's cool. Every ammo panic has newbies who get screwed because they didn't know any better. This should be bumped periodically.

So listen up, newbies - YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! Someday all of the ammo will dry up for 6 months or a year. So get busy buying.

(Montgomery County)

all i know is if my house and stock pile is ever on the news it will give all the anchors a heart attack. Too many times in the past I have had trouble finding ammo when I needed it. Now I buy in bulk and stack it deep.

Quote Originally Posted by rob m View Post
    all i know is if my house and stock pile is ever on the news it will give all the anchors a heart attack. Too many times in the past I have had trouble finding ammo when I needed it. Now I buy in bulk and stack it deep.
    Fuck, the 300 BLK order I just placed would give them a heart attack.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Delaware County)

I get a surprised look when I ask for 300 rounds of 9mm and 500 rounds of .22 at Walmart. I don't stack too deep because I just don't have the funds at one time. I do like to keep at least a few hundred rounds each of what I shoot most often on hand. I have increased the .22 supply significantly though. It was pretty bad for a while there. I think I have a couple thousand now. At one point I was shooting some .22 shorts that my wife accidentally bought me a decade and a half earlier.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

I never used to stockpile because it was always easy to pick up what you wanted to shoot for the day or replace what you used afterward. After the .22 shortage I realized I should start building up a stockpile.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    That's cool. Every ammo panic has newbies who get screwed because they didn't know any better. This should be bumped periodically.

So listen up, newbies - YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! Someday all of the ammo will dry up for 6 months or a year. So get busy buying.
    6months or a year? That shit was several years. We just got 22 back to normal.

To recap 40, 270 and 12ga were last to leave the shelf. 9 came back first, 22 last

You can never have enough ammo, that is until you decide to move.

What a complete PITA that shit is.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast