Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why do people stock pile ammunition? How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I blame it all on "kids these days" and their new-fangled repeaters that just waste ammo!

How about that new ghost gun that shoots 30rnds of magazine clips in under a second. Good luck finding ammo for that. Damn kids

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Why do people stock pile ammunition? How much is too much in terms of ammunition?

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Didn't you just buy a couple of old-fangled repeaters?
    I just bought one that needs to be refangled. I forgot to check it before I bought it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I just bought one that needs to be refangled. I forgot to check it before I bought it.
    Well, that's not a total loss. You can get it new-fangled now.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    Well, that's not a total loss. You can get it new-fangled now.
    All my ammo is old-fangled.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    You guys should know the people I know that work in DC in the various Alphabet agencies. These guys are hording cases of ammo in the 100,000 plus round range in their homes. One well known competitive shooter I know that lives in Richmond has some where between 250K and 300K rounds minimum stacked in his basement. Lucky bastard gets all the free ammo he wants from the different manufactures that sponsor him.
    Are the alphabet agency guys hoarding for specific reasons or just to have?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    All my ammo is old-fangled.
    Wow! What a great title for a C&W song. You've got to write the lyrics. I'll get you started with mangled, dangled, and tangled as perfect rhyming words.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I blame it all on "kids these days" and their new-fangled repeaters that just waste ammo!

Yeah that's what some of the old timers say. I had one say that to me last year, what in the world I was doing putting multiple shots on target and "wasting ammo". I said I wanted to make sure that cardboard target was dead, dead, dead.

For a lot of these guys they reload a few rounds, caress them, mold them and shape them in their image. Once or twice a year they go to the range and gingerly fire them after taking weather measurements, checking the angle of the sun and when the tides are rolling in.

The thought of case loads of ammo and burning them up in an AR or AK makes their head explody.

In regards to ammo, as I have said before and others pointed out in this forum, there has been a revival in shooting sports and the purchasing of firearms to the point it might be the highest in American history. Of course that requires ammo and then add in the fact we have a tenuous political situation in this country where you now have radical totalitarians in power which pushes people in the direction of stockpiling in the event of conflict, no wonder the situation is what it is.

I don't think you can ever have enough ammo, I do think people can overdo it and misallocate personal resources, just as they might in spending beyond their means in other areas. And if people want to sell some off and make some money good on them great for them. I can think of tons of things in the 1990's I should have made some investments on and with that life experience in the bank, yes I am always thinking about living in the moment, but I do glance at 2024, 2034 and so on and think ahead to the future.

One thing I can say to all you Mosin fans dancing around with your cheap rifles, once the first clown makes a 7.62x54R pistol and sells it and the ATF classifies that as a pistol round, say Buh Bye to your cheap surplus ammo tins of Russian commie ammo. You guys that are into having Mosins from every year, I'd be buying up those tins and stacking them deep.

(Berks County)

Anyone lucky to have more than I is a hoarder! ;-)
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    I just bought 400 rounds of .233 at Walmart (American Eagle @ 5.59). This brings my levels to about 750 rounds. I only bought it because I can never find it.

Serious Question....why do people stock pile ammo?

Is it to be prepared for the End of the World?

Cheaper in bulk. Lots of ammunition vary somewhat, buying big lots reduces your shot to shot variation.

Sometimes people panic buy. 22 LR was almost impossible to obtain a few years back. Same with 380 ACP. Getting it while the getting is good means that you have it.

End Times? If the world is on fire outside of my home I don't think I'm going to be able to save the collection. It'll burn.

Stockpile has a military connotation. I'm not a soldier.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    How about that new ghost gun that shoots 30rnds of magazine clips in under a second. Good luck finding ammo for that. Damn kids
    Those Tacti-cool 22 LR assault looking things are thirsty. Kids love to do mag dumps semi-auto.

Safety in numbers, I guess, not numbers of rounds but numbers of shooters/owners.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast