Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: value of kimber

(Lawrence County)

Default value of kimber

i have a kimber ultra carry 11 in tactical 11 configuration, wanting sell it to help with a cpl purchases anybody give me an idea of its value . i don't want to give it away but on same token i don't want to seem greedy and expect more than its really worthi'll throw in the holster , a galco 2nd ammendment deep cover iwb, and a cpl boxes of shells. any ideas would be appreciated.

Default Re: value of kimber

Quote Originally Posted by coalman View Post
    i have a kimber ultra carry 11 in tactical 11 configuration, wanting sell it to help with a cpl purchases anybody give me an idea of its value . i don't want to give it away but on same token i don't want to seem greedy and expect more than its really worthi'll throw in the holster , a galco 2nd ammendment deep cover iwb, and a cpl boxes of shells. any ideas would be appreciated.

Condition of the pistol? How many rounds have been fired through it ? Maybe check gunbroker and other sales sites to determine what this model has sold for recently.

Unless it is something rare and highly sought after, you can expect to take at least a 20-30% loss off of the retail price if you bought it new, and that is assuming it is in excellent condition. If you bought it used and did not pay too much, you'll probably get back out of it what you put into it, or at least close anyway.

(Allegheny County)

As suggested, spend some time on gunbroker and watch the auctions. By "some time" I mean days. Watch the auctions daily and see what happens. Recognize that only those completed sales should determine your price. There will be lots of folks selling Kimbers similar to yours asking prices that don't seem to make sense. I know one fellow I was talking to about buying his pistol kept saying things like look at the GB listing prices. That price, of course, has no bearing on the actual value of sold pistols.

Good luck.

Here I hear alot of bad mouthing Kimber but around here Kimber's lack of QC at one time is long ago and now absent occuance. Some here on this forum won't let it go. But Kimber has bounce back nicely at a recent gun show I saW Colt, Kimbers and Springfield running almost neck and neck in prices. Pending what you like to me Kimber still seems to offer slightly more options and they are put together well. My basic Kimber Classic Custom if it had a SS finish and better sights would rate near the top in my collection in fit and finish. Kimber seems to hold its value.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by coalman View Post
    I have an older book here. It lists the Tactical II @ 98% at $850. This should at least give you a ballpark number.