Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Sig Sauer SP2022

Anybody have any experience with one of these? Seems like one of the few Sig's that isn't ridiculously high priced. Just curious what the opinion's are out there on them, and how they stack up against the alloy frame models, like the P229, P226 etc. Seemed like people out there liked it, just wasn't sure about it since it is sorta rare to find a Sig in the $300-500 range, hahaha. Any input would be helpful, thanks.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Sig Sauer SP2022

The only thing that some complain about is the long trigger pull . I have 3 sigs and that model has a better trigger than pull than my 226 and 228. My 220 is well broken in and I have no trigger complaints about it. The only other complaint is that the pistol only comes with one mag. Extra mags is going to set you back another $100 for a pair. Brian/ EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lancaster County)

Well Brian, your report is far from accurate.

As far as trigger pull goes, the DA/SA on a 2022 is regarded as excellent from the factory. Go ask the folks on sigforum.com and you'll here alot of the same.

Also, the SP2022 ships typically with 2 mags. You can buy extra factory mags from Topgunsupply.com for $31 each.

Sigheck5, The SP2022 is regarded as an excellent firearm for the money and if you find the size and feel to your liking...get one.

(Carbon County)

excellent gun, i just sold mine because for me it was to big to carry..

(Lawrence County)

I've handled two of those. I keep hearing the trigger pull is good, but both the guns I held had a lot of single action creep. Nothing like the 226 guns I've shot.

It looks good and I think it's still a great deal. So good, I'm taking a friend to pick one up in a week or two.

Lycantruththrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Monroe County)

The Sigpro line of pistols have the best trigger pulls of all the SIGs and i own them both and carry the SP2009 in the summertime .
    SIG simply passed on the tremendous savings in manufacture to their customers, that is why they are so inexpensive as far as SIGS is concerned its not because they are not good pistols, its simply a lot less inexpensive to mold a polymer frame than to forge and then machine a metal one
    The slides are high quality stainless forgings with a mechanical blackening just like the classic SIGS.
    Great Pistols

(Bucks County)

Love mine and it has become my "nightstand gun". Its a really accurate pistol and reliable.

Look for one of the all German made models. They come with night sights , 2 15 rd mags and both backstraps.

(Montgomery County)

I own one and and can honestly say if you're thinking about one, it's well worth the money. Only trouble I've found is finding holsters for it. Fobus makes a decent one that I use. Trying to find extra mags, well, you gotta look around a bit. But it's a lot of fun to shoot, and loves whatever ammo you put into it.

(Philadelphia County)

Sig has actually started marketing the 2022 recently. This is an about face from previous years when everyone kept speculating that Sig was going to discontinue this model. It seems that this model was omitted from their catalog a few years back which lead to the talk of being discontinued. Now it's listed on their website in other variants such as two-tone, threaded barrel and (gag) diamond plate. There have also been magazine ads recently featuring the 2022. It seems that Sig finally realized it's a winner.

The 2022 was originally part of a large law enforcement contract. It's said that the first ones to hit the US were overruns from that contract and thus the very attractive price. The contract stipulates that Sig will support the weapon until at least the year 2022 hence the name.

If you go to sigforum and do a search on this model you will find that it's highly regarded as a gun with an excellent trigger right out of the box that's worthy of the Sig name. The configurations seem to change slightly every time a batch hits the market. I was able to get one of the German triple serial number versions with night sights and two mags. Seems that most now don't have night sights but include two different grip sets. As far as I know the number of mags varies so it's a good idea to check with different vendors. CDNN has them for $390 with one mag. I'm pretty sure I've seen other vendors whose price was a little higher but include two mags. Either way it's a wash.

Standard capacity for the 9mm is 15 rounds. Sig makes 10 round mags for states that oppress their citizens. MecGar now makes an extended 17 round mag. MecGar is the same company that makes Sig's mags so they are good to go.

(Lancaster County)

MecGar is the same company that makes Sig's mags so they are good to go.
    I guess you haven't heard. Sig recently switched to Checkmate magazines. Yes, I said checkmate. Please dont throw up in your mouth, like I did when I heard the news.

For those out there, Mecgar is by FAR the way to go. Mecgar's are stamped MADE IN ITALY. Checkmates are stamped MADE IN THE USA.

I cannot stress enough to stay with Mecgar. Checkmate is almost as bad as Promag.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast