Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Belding and Mull, Phillipsburg PA

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    Last I checked .. they had an employee stealing/selling ammo out that back and he tried to renege but the police caught on to it.. boo hoo fucker.
    Huh, Noll's over in Spring Mill's was doing shady stuff with ammo too. Pretty sure they got banned from Walmart for reselling stuff they would buy there
    Opera Non Verba

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateCarry View Post
    That's for sure. He changed the sights on my Glock and my buddy's and we were in the shop for over two hours as he chatted us up while working...
    How many times during that two hours did Jack tell you and your bud, or others in the store that he's an armorer?

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    How many times during that two hours did Jack tell you and your bud, or others in the store that he's an armorer?

Noah
    He told he had been a police armorer no less than 3 or 4 times. He wasn't too enthusiastic about the Truglo TFOs we were putting on either
    Opera Non Verba

Thumbs down Re: Belding and Mull, Phillipsburg PA

Stopped in there recently ( just out of curiosity to see what they had used) first time I think since january.

To put it Nicely and just a Rated "R" comment .

I ain't ever fuckin' going back. I have a high disdain for people who talk to me like I'm 4 .
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

Last time I was there they made me fill out a psp form for an Ar15 stripped lower that I overpaid for big time. The short older man who was doing the paper work, jack I think, was almost convinced I didn't have to fill it out but then changed his mind because he didn't want to get in trouble.

I'm more educated on the law (and prices in the current market) now and will never do that again. I hope they got it figured out as well since then.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateCarry View Post
    He told he had been a police armorer no less than 3 or 4 times. He wasn't too enthusiastic about the Truglo TFOs we were putting on either
    Jack apparently do not care for TFO's.
    He went on and on about how I need nice trijicon on my M&P9 the entire time he was installing TFO on my M&P9

He went on and on about how I need nice trijicon on my M&P45 the entire time he was installing TFO on my M&P45.

But if you can ignore his BS, and he wasn't BS'ing with someone else while your waiting for him, he actually is a pretty decent guy
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    Jack apparently do not care for TFO's.
    He went on and on about how I need nice trijicon on my M&P9 the entire time he was installing TFO on my M&P9

He went on and on about how I need nice trijicon on my M&P45 the entire time he was installing TFO on my M&P45.

But if you can ignore his BS, and he wasn't BS'ing with someone else while your waiting for him, he actually is a pretty decent guy
    Are you supposed to tite-lok the screw in the center of the rear sight? The TFOs they put on for me, the rear sight screw came out last time I was shooting..?
    Opera Non Verba

(Centre County)

I have not felt this disrespected in a while. I walked in there this afternoon, on my birthday willing to drop some cash on a nice rifle. I had visited Grice's and Bob's searching for some nice military surplus, but they didn't have much in stock. I stopped into Belding and Mull figuring they might have something.

I walked in and there was an older gentleman, and a younger gentleman wearing glasses behind the counter.

Older employee: "Can I help you?"

Me : "Yeah, thanks. Just looking for some surplus"

Younger employee: "surplus? What the shit does that mean? I have some surplus toilet paper in the back, you want some of that?"

Me : "You don't have to be a dick, man".

As he retorted I told him he was "a fucking asshole" and I left. I was in the store for less than sixty seconds.

If thats how the treat customers and Veterans (I was wearing a pretty obvious USMC unit shirt), then they can go to hell. I will never be returning. For what its worth, the older gentlemen seemed inclined to help me out, but his lack of action after the younger guy cussed at me told me everything I needed to know.

(Centre County)

I'll narrate my last visit and let you decide where the shop stands. I'm looking for a no manual safety M&P Shield. They had one on the shelf marked $389.99. With tax and their PICS fee it would have been $418. I offered $400 cash out the door and they said $412 was the best they could do. That's fine, it's his gun, I could have caved for twelve bucks, but they can easily be had online, shipped, and FFL paid for for under $400.

I think this is why they have the same guns there every time I go back, which is less and less. He knows his margins and where he needs to be but I think I'm done with B&M. I've considered it my go to forever and bought at least a dozen guns there, but lucky for me J&E is reopening.....

Do you guys think $400 cash out the door is reasonable?

I did fondle a Sig 320 there that was nice. A little fat, but I'm tempted.....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Mercer County)

I met a guy to do a trade today (with my father). They charged 35 dollars a piece for it, which isn't exactly a "deal." Younger guy with the glasses thinks he knows WAY MORE than he actually does. I checked out a G42, and had to listen to him tell me all about how Glock will never make a single stack 9mm, because people would rather have a .380, and Kahr already makes one, so Glock never will. I did a lot of smiling and nodding.
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; November 15th, 2014 at 04:41 PM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast