Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Re: Belding and Mull, Phillipsburg PA

I bought an AR at B&M last week and brought in another gun to fit up some scope caps. Very helpful people and the prices are great especially for small shop. I plan to do more business with them again soon.

(Cambria County)

I went there a couple weeks ago and saw a Ruger 45lc/45acp marked at $407. I asked to see it and asked about the layaway. To good of price to pass up. The guy started to ring the sale up,then decided it was marked incorrectly. He showed me what he paid for it $464, so we agreed to $507.
    Went there today to buy bullets,dies and primers. Got to the register and the bullet price was wrong. Wanted 3 times the price marked. I guess prices marked aren't what they always are. Probably won't be back. I'll go to Grices if I'm going to drive an hour. At least you pay what the price is and it's cheaper.

(Centre County)

I've purchased several handguns and long guns from B&M over the years but feel like it's slipping in the wrong direction. Prices are significantly higher since the "remodel" and selection is always the same when I go. I'm never willing to pay the prices for their ammo, but they do frequently have .22lr. Jack seems to want to talk more then focus on making a sale and the younger guy (sorry, I don't know his name) has to pick up the slack and gets swamped. The last time I was there to trade a handgun, Jack started to sell a handgun to another client half way through our trade while three guys tried to pick up lay-a-ways and two guys from out of town walked out pissed. Was a minor inconvenience for me, but annoying none the less.

I've been going here less and less lately, but probably worth a stop if you've never been.....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Lawrence County)

I used to frequent the store during my days in school at Penn State, bought a couple handguns, ammo and some other miscellaneous items. I stopped back 2 weeks ago during a trip to state college for a hockey game and I must agree with FLICK that I was not impressed with their customer service and prices. The remodel was very nice but not at the cost of losing business over bad prices and bad customer service.

During my last visit, I stood inline for almost 25 minutes to pay for some reloading components.

(Centre County)

Maybe i've been lucky but every time I stop in I get amazing customer service. Prices are a bit higher on some things but I go for the help that they provide. Owner stayed 45 minutes after the store was closed to answer some of my questions even knowing I was not making a purchase that day.
    Stupid kills. (But not often enough to make a real improvement.)

(Centre County)

I used to recommends them. Back when they were sort of humble little store.
    Price was fair, and service was good.
    If anything, it was entertaining enough just watch Jack and Denies arguing over something that was totally pointless, and Gary shaking head in corner.

Since they opened up the new section, they have hired bunch of kids, and they were okay - at least they are still passionate enough about what they are selling.
    And they are fun. They didn't care if you spent money or not.
    Watching Ben, Cody, and Dominique are like watching Moe, Larry and Curly from three stooges. So I have bought guns, ammo's and stuff from them. because they made me feel like I was welcome even if I didn't spend any money.
    About 2 months ago, they hired new sales manager name John. And it has seriously gone down the tube since.
    First of all, he made it pretty obvious that the his attitude was more in line with "if your not buying something, stop wasting my employee's time, and GTFO"
    He would interrupt conversation between staff and I, and will say something like "hey go do something productive"(as if talking to customer isn't productive), or something like "hey, if he is going to buy that, make sure to sell his this as well, as Im tired of looking at it"(I was looking at Sig P938, and he was telling him to sell me an MSH from Hogue), or tell me something like "My staff's time are for paying costomer only"(I guess returning costumer or prospective customer means nothing to him)

3 weeks ago, Dominique called me and said that they got Glock 42 in, which something I wanted. Only I was in NY that day, and was not going to be back in PA until Thursday the following week(this was Friday I think). Plus I was slightly low on fund as I just paid in taxes(yep... I owed this year).
    I said to him over the phone that I'll put down 20% on my card as down payment, to start the layaway.
    Ofcourse, John gets on the phone, and said he'll hold it until following Monday with 20%, which would not work since I won't be back until Thursday.
    And I had to wait until I get paid that week, which was Friday. That's why I suggested the layaway(their Layaway was 10% down, and 3 months to pay it off).
    Apparently, John decided that they are no longer doing that layaway. His new layaway is 20% down, you have a week to pick it up. And that the since Glock 42 is selling like a hot cake, he don't need to put one in layaway to sell it.

(I could paid it off right there then. but that wasn't a issue. the fact Im a frequent customer should be meant something for the store. If he was more sincere about it, I would have likely just paid it off. But he was totally dick about it. He was like I don't need to sell it to you. It'll be gone by the end of the day. Which was not the case as they still had them as of week ago. I ended up ordering LCP Stainless with CTC from someone else)

2 weeks ago, I dropped off my TLR3 that I bought from them last year, which broke. Dominique was supposed to send it out for me.
    Yesterday, I stopped by to see if they heard of anything. John came out and said "oh he never sent it out. Its been sitting here since" handed it back to me.

I was like "You told him not to do it, because you already had my money when you sold this to me the first time?"
    He said "well, Dominique is no longer with us for that, and other reasons"
    I told him "if you knew he didn't send it out, why didn't you send it out instead of letting it set there for 2 weeks?!"
    He said "We don't do that", and walked away.

That, was the last draw.
    They sell things that are slightly harder to find any place else around here(like 10mm ammo). So I was not going to buy a gun from them, but I was still going to use them for an ammo, and other things, up until that moment.
    No more. Never again. and I will no longer endorse them to anyone. I'll tell anyone and everyone that unless they get lid of John, I will never set a foot in that place again

By this time, he fired Cody, Ben left the place, Janice left, Gary retired, he just fired Dominique. Jack is still there, but I already hang out with him out side of work, so there is no big loss for me.
    as for 10mm ammo, I'll grandly pay higher internet price if that means I don't need to go there again
    Its amazing how 1 person can kill the feeling towards what was once a great little store.

I've been hearing through the wind that the J&E is reopening in area this coming fall. So I'll just wait until then to buy any more guns
    Last edited by Mity2; June 8th, 2014 at 07:18 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Total SHIT

I quit spending there once I realized their imitated Cabellas plans.
    The 50 mile+ trip didnt help either.
    After Gary left it was like robots invaded. no more personality.. just sales.
    and no knowledge.

Price of guns... = SHIT

Price on ammo = worst form of shit.... $13 a box of crap I can get at walmart for less than $6...

I let a layaway lapse cause I was so pissed of from the Barfcom attitiude!

Last I checked .. they had an employee stealing/selling ammo out that back and he tried to renege but the police caught on to it.. boo hoo fucker.

(Centre County)

Stopped in again, and while they were nice in attitude they were giving me all sorts of false information. Just because I am young does not mean I am gullible.

What I was told:

1) Pa law states you need a 4" barrel to hunt with a revolver
    2) While hunting you may not conceal the weapon
    3) Barrel size has no effect on anything with the gun, including recoil and velocity
    4) You cannot legally take shots from over 25 yards with a pistol while hunting
    5) JHP make for the best hunting rounds, especially in the slower calibers.

Conclusion: Nice people, don't listen to a word they say. Side note, overpriced on everything but the few used rifles they had.
    Stupid kills. (But not often enough to make a real improvement.)

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Carry View Post
    Stopped in again, and while they were nice in attitude they were giving me all sorts of false information . . .

1) Pa law states you need a 4" barrel to hunt with a revolver
    2) While hunting you may not conceal the weapon
    3) Barrel size has no effect on anything with the gun, including recoil and velocity
    4) You cannot legally take shots from over 25 yards with a pistol while hunting
    5) JHP make for the best hunting rounds, especially in the slower calibers.

Conclusion: Nice people, don't listen to a word they say. Side note, overpriced on everything but the few used rifles they had.

Sounds like the short older guy, Jack. He's got a mouth like the Energizer Bunny -- it keeps going . . . and going . . . and going . . .

Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw.

(say it out loud)

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Sounds like the short older guy, Jack. He's got a mouth like the Energizer Bunny -- it keeps going . . . and going . . . and going . . .

Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw. Bob Loblaw.

(say it out loud)

Noah
    That's for sure. He changed the sights on my Glock and my buddy's and we were in the shop for over two hours as he chatted us up while working...
    Opera Non Verba

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast