Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Charter Pit Bull .40

Anyone have any expierence with one of these yet ? I am very much intrigued , would help with ammo costs as the wife and I both have .40 autos and this would fit nicley into my carry MO for size and concealability. I have just heard good and bad about Charter never owned one so I can' t comment but I like the fact you don't need moon clips with this.

This is from Charters website...
    Introducing the Charter Arms .40 caliber Pitbull. The unique design provides a dual coil spring assembly located in the extractor which allows for the insertion and retention of the .40 caliber cartridge in each chamber of the revolvers’ cylinder. (No moon clips required) This patented system allows the shooter ease of ejecting spent cartridges for immediate reloading.

Charter Arms has taken the difficulty of rimless loading and ejection to the simplicity of the rimmed cartridge in the revolver industry.
    http://www.gunblast.com/Charter-PitBull.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zeke2A; March 8th, 2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Charter Pit Bull .40

I posted when I bought mine a couple months ago. Had an issue out of the box, but might have been my fault ( put new grips on it, then started getting light strikes and sent it back - then realized, the new grips were a little loose so I put some foam in between and I think it was squeezing on the spring causing the hammer to drop slower, thus the light strikes ). Got gun back and have had zero problems ever since. Very accurate, fit and finish and feel in the hand is great. Here's mine with the wood grips. I like the original grips, but I really like wood on revolvers Price has been going up and down lately, anywhere from $379 - $429. Good luck! If you buy it, go to Charter Arms web site and get their leather holster - it is awesome and great price ( belt holster, not iwb )

Last edited by cruzans; March 8th, 2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: info on holster

(Berks County)

Thanks for the info ... how is the recoil with a good snappy SD load?

I have a 4" .44 special( Taurus Tracker ss) that is my #1 SD / CC piece and the .44's are very manageable out of it ( 200 gr Cor-Bon DPX ).

I was considering the .44 spcl Bulldog pug as well and was wondering the difference in recoil between the two ( .40 and .44 spcl) both in a 2.5 in barrel.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

Sounds like a good combination 40 & mid size revolver. Does it have a decent trggger and is this combo accurate? Range report or review.