Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: It finally comes to an end - "Offer of Judgment" reached with Philadelphia

Congratulations Mark and thank you for all you did.

Default Re: It finally comes to an end - "Offer of Judgment" reached with Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Like Streaker, CR and a few others I would have liked to see punishment, especially since they arrested you AFTER you posted the audio of the event on youtube, what a couple weeks after, right?
    Viper specifically said in his post that Philly would accept no non-financial stipulations in the settlement, and that his only outcome in court would have been monetary damages. Given that, there's absolutely no way he could have achieved through this lawsuit what people here want him to achieve. If he's not after money and the non-monetary outcomes all of us were hoping to see couldn't materialize, what was the point of continuing the suit?

(Luzerne County)

I am curious on one thing.

Is the check from PPD or from the cities insurance company?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

Sorry Mark, and as monetary donation contributor and an emotional supporter of your journey here... IMHO your efforts fell flat.

Glad you're happy, but... I wish you took it further

Edited after further thoughts

I commend Mark for his persistence and everything he has been through.

I dont see justice served but glad this ordeal is over for him.
    Last edited by BimmerJon; March 9th, 2012 at 04:35 AM.

(Lawrence County)

Sorry to say it but all this is going to be is fodder for the antis that all said "He set up the police just to get a payday". Doesn't matter whether it's $2,500 $25,000 or $250,000. Like a few others, I don't get it. Time and time again we heard "it's not about the money" but that's all he got. The lawsuit didn't change any policies, maybe the incident itself and all the media coverage did somewhat. It will happen again, guaranteed.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Sorry Mark, and as monetary donation contributor and an emotional supporter of your journey here... IMHO your efforts fell flat.

Hell, should've asked me. I might have given ya the 25K outta my own pocket if you would've taken it further. 25K is peanuts, no cops will be charged for the crimes they committed and I doubt anything will change in the PPD.

It was a donation, so I never expected a penny back.. But after reading this thread, I don't feel like I got my monies worth.

Glad you're happy, but... Sorry. Wasted effort
    I'm sorry you feel that way, I really am. But to think that this could have resulted in anything other than a judge or jury saying that I should be awarded an unknown amount of money for civil rights violations, like criminal charges or some sort of jailtime for the officers involved, is simply foolish.

That's not the way the system works. Had I been beaten, tazed, wrongfully shot, or something like that, then yes, I would agree with you. But, these were civil rights violations, and, while criminal against the constitution, I don't recall seeing anything that prescribes the punishments for those kinds of crimes. This was a civil case, not a criminal case.

The changes were affected because of the incident and the media coverage, which forced them to re-evaluate their policies and the way they enforce this set of laws. The pending lawsuit was another tool to help that along.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; March 8th, 2012 at 07:41 PM.

(Bucks County)

I have to agree with Mark on this one! The PPD and their handlers will definitely be having some ass-chewing sessions about how this 'WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN". Why? Because they just learned that a court is available that will hold them responsible and LIABLE for their actions. They are now on notice, that if it happens again, there is a COURT PRECEDENT in place. They won't be in such a hurry to do it again.

Want to guss what the topic of the next few roll calls is gonna be? "All you groundpaounders better learn from this. We got off easy this time".

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    Viper specifically said in his post that Philly would accept no non-financial stipulations in the settlement, and that his only outcome in court would have been monetary damages. Given that, there's absolutely no way he could have achieved through this lawsuit what people here want him to achieve. If he's not after money and the non-monetary outcomes all of us were hoping to see couldn't materialize, what was the point of continuing the suit?
    I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but even I picked up on that.

Some people just like to bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post

Hell, should've asked me. I might have given ya the 25K outta my own pocket if you would've taken it further. 25K is peanuts, no cops will be charged for the crimes they committed and I doubt anything will change in the PPD.

It was a donation, so I never expected a penny back.. But after reading this thread, I don't feel like I got my monies worth.

Glad you're happy, but... Sorry. Wasted effort
    I think what you posted here was uncalled for. Disagreeing is one thing, but to throw out that "I wasted my money on you" stuff is crap.
    If I had the money, I'd give your "donation" back to you for Mark.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I have to agree with Mark on this one! The PPD and their handlers will definitely be having some ass-chewing sessions about how this 'WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN".
    s'never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    They won't be in such a hurry to do it again.
    Care to take a bet?
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Dauphin County)

People it was a civil case the only thing that could be won was money had Viper not taken the 25k and went to a jury he could have gotton 10 bucks then everybody would have been bitching o you should have taken the 25k

Viper as long as you are happy with the outcome then that is all that matters

If you have any money left over after paying your legal fees get yourself another car LOL and a beer just not at the same time

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast