Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tobyhanna SGL Range Question ?

My wife likes shooting at her metal spinner plates,Question,Is it Permissable to set this up on the ground at the pistol range at approved distances ? I read the postings there but found no indication that I cannot set this up.We are Locals,TY

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Question ?

As far as I'm aware the answer is no. But I may or may not have set uP a spinner for my .22 at 100 yards before. Also all the shotgun shells I can find.

But short answer I believe is no. It's not an approved paper target o. The provided backstop hanger.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

I have to concur with rovert97. I don't recall the exact language, but shooting from the established shooting positions at paper targets were pretty clearly defined.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Found a link.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=937862&mode=2

Paragraph 135.181.b.2

*********************** (b)******* Prohibited acts.* At a rifle and handgun range located on land under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, except when authorized by the appropriate regional director or a designee, it is unlawful to:
    *********************************** (1)******* Possess a loaded firearm, except at an established shooting station on the firing line.
    *********************************** (2)******* Discharge a firearm, except from an established shooting station on the firing line at a paper target placed on a permanent target backboard.
    *********************************** (3)******* Discharge armor piercing, incendiary, explosive, tracer or multiple projectile ammunition.
    *********************************** (4)******* Be intoxicated, use or possess an intoxicating beverage or controlled substance on the range.
    *********************************** (5)******* Possess an automatic weapon.
    *********************************** (6)******* Possess, load or discharge a firearm that contains more than three rounds of single projectile ammunition, except as provided in subsection (c).
    *********************************** (7)******* Shoot clay birds anywhere except areas designated by the Director by signs stating that clay bird shooting is permitted.
    *********************************** (8)******* Possess, load or discharge a firearm for any reason without possessing a valid Pennsylvania hunting or furtaker license or a Commission-issued range permit signed by its holder.* This prohibition does not apply to persons 15 years of age or younger or up to one person accompanying another person in possession of a valid Pennsylvania hunting or furtaker license or a Commission-issued range permit.
    I have no idea where all the asterisks came from. Sorry.

Thank you for the input everyone,Dont want to be considered a Yahoo from out of state without asking the right questions.

(Monroe County)

I cam live with most of their rules. But there is one that bugs me. "posses a firearm with more than 3 rounds in it"

I'm sorry but I don't trust people there so I carry cc or OC with my fully loaded pistol and I dare them to give me shit about it.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    I cam live with most of their rules. But there is one that bugs me. "posses a firearm with more than 3 rounds in it"

I'm sorry but I don't trust people there so I carry cc or OC with my fully loaded pistol and I dare them to give me shit about it.
    I do the same thing.

they can't really restrict carry at that sort of range, can they? thought it had something to do with some big words and other laws that would conflict with a regulation like that.
    Last edited by fallenleader; March 8th, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Lackawanna County)

You are not supposed to have a live weapon ahead of the firing line. Im sorry but if Im by myself and have 4 grand plus of weapons on a bench and need to check my target I'm not leaving them there without some sort of deterrent. I tend to open carry my glock 20 when at a rifle bench.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    My wife likes shooting at her metal spinner plates,Question,Is it Permissable to set this up on the ground at the pistol range at approved distances ? I read the postings there but found no indication that I cannot set this up.We are Locals,TY
    I was there when 2 polish/russian guys got a bunch of tickets,and the one he showed me was for hanging frozen water bottles from the back board to shoot at.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast