Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: "Dead Right" Recognizing Traits of Armed Individuals

Quote Originally Posted by vicious View Post
    You have to remember it's written for cops.
    I just think it's funny that the author hedged his comment in such a way as to be completely useless. It's like saying they "may or may not" be wearing a dark-colored article of clothing. It's true, but worthless.

(There's other stuff in the article I find interesting - I'm not trashing it, I just thought that little tidbit I quoted was silly.)
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Philadelphia County)

I've read recently that a former cop in NYC knows another cop who detected a carrier by the smell of Hoppe's 9. I would definitely be able to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    I just think it's funny that the author hedged his comment in such a way as to be completely useless. It's like saying they "may or may not" be wearing a dark-colored article of clothing. It's true, but worthless.

(There's other stuff in the article I find interesting - I'm not trashing it, I just thought that little tidbit I quoted was silly.)
    When something is not absolute, it needs to be stated. Just because you know it's true, it doesn't mean all readers will. Who knows, some cops/people may be focusing exclusively or mainly on branded clothing as indicators. Also, saying branded clothing is not "like" saying "dark-colored article". Brands and colors are different in the obvious nature of identifying factors.

Al
    Last edited by mythaeus; March 10th, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Northampton County)

I just this sounded like somebody announcing for a catwalk at a CC fasion show:

I look for “tactical carry” vests — such as 5.11 Tactical, Blackhawk, Concealed Carry Clothiers or other “brand name” items — along with some sort logo baseball hat, long sleeved shirt, side cargo pocket pants or jeans with sturdy, lightweight, and hiking footwear to complete the “uniform.”...

...Oakley or similar impact resistant, higher profile eye wear in daylight rounds out the basics.
    I'd love to hear him describe how to identify a young hip-hop fan. He seems to put an unusual ammount of time into describing clothing styles and brands. It's the largest section in that article, although a little more than styles and brands are discussed.

The cops will never make me or most of my friends with training like that!

he forgot to add "and now that you can spot someone who is legally carrying a firearm,go hassle him anyway"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123