Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default PICS & undetermined status – We need your stories

March 6, 2012 Priority request of PAFOA

PICS & undetermined status – We need your stories

PICS/PSP continues to violate the law and constitutional rights by maintaining a ‘policy’ of placing gun purchasers into an ‘undetermined status’ and then, in many cases, automatically denying these individuals. This is still ‘policy’ even though the POC contact agreement and federal law requires the automatic approval of purchasers after 3 days of record investigation IF no valid reason for denial can be determined.

You then have to challenge them for a ruling to allow the firearm transaction to proceed. To add insult to injury you are then directed to maintain the records of all of this and produce them on demand.

There is nothing in UFA that provides statutory authority for PICS/PSP to do this.

If this has happened to you in the past we NEED your accounts of your experiences with PICS/PSP and being placed in the undetermined status!

The catch is we need them as quickly as possible.

We are planning on raising these issues through the legislative process so that we can resolve this issue of “undetermined status” once and for all.

Your help will be key so please let us know.

Thank you!

PLEASE Don’t post them here send them directly to :

Kim Stolfer
    ACSL, Legislative Committee, Chairman
    www.acslpa.org
    FOAC, Chairman
    www.foac-pac.org
    PSA, Legislative Committee, Vice-Chairman

(412) 257-1099, Home Fax

activist@fyi.net email

email or fax your stories to Kim
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Default Re: PICS & undetermined status – We need your stories

I know someone who has had this happen to him. He's not a member here so I'll have to pass on this info to him.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm purchasing one or two new pistols this weekend, I'll be sure to keep you guys posted if there's any hiccups. Two friends are coming with me, clear backgrounds, of age etc, born/lives in Pennsylvania and are purchasing their first guns. We'll see if there's any issues with either of them as well.

(Lackawanna County)

I havent heard of any gun owners/purchasers I know experiencing this problems......Is this relatively new & happening particularly in one area more than others?

Quote Originally Posted by rugerchaz View Post
    I havent heard of any gun owners/purchasers I know experiencing this problems......Is this relatively new & happening particularly in one area more than others?
    It's been quite common the past few years.
    In fact there are often threads regarding being put into research, sometimes almost daily.

Lately it has been quiet though.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    It's been quite common the past few years.
    In fact there are often threads regarding being put into research, sometimes almost daily.

Lately it has been quiet though.
    well that royally sux....anything i can do to help im on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerchaz View Post
    If you have a common name, it's a common problem. Seems PFAs are being filed with incomplete data and the pfad database is never updated after the hearing to reflect a complete details of an individual.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bob.mail View Post
    If you have a common name, it's a common problem. Seems PFAs are being filed with incomplete data and the pfad database is never updated after the hearing to reflect a complete details of an individual.
    ... but don't YOU forget to follow through with something or file something in an incomplete fashion - they'll be all over your shit with fines, interest, warrants, etc.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Snyder County)

When I use to buy guns from the other side of the counter I did have an delay issue which can be read here: http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/11...-vaf-help.html

Since I am now on the other side of the counter, I do have a better understanding of what happens down at PICS. With my purchase in the link above, the delay was issued because they were missing something to make a determination or that the operator that was doing the research did not feel comfortable to give an approval. After receiving that approval, every gun purchase made afterwards, my file was flagged for manual approval. For all you non dealers, when I call in to do a background check, I deal with an automated system. If your file is not flagged, the automated system will give me an approval number, if it is flagged, then a live person will pick up and then ask for race, height, weight, eye and hair color, place of birth and answer to question 14, ( are you a us citizen) after which they begin their research on their end.
    In the 8 months I have been a dealer I have done almost 200 background checks. Roughly 30 to 40% of the calls were transferred for manual approval, with 3 denials and 4 placed into research. With all 3 denials I was on hold with the operator for at least 20 minutes until they researched the applicant. With the 3 that was placed into research I was on hold for about the same length of time. One applicant never purchase a firearm in PA since moving here from SC, one was purchasing a firearm since receiving a dui recently, and two have purchased firearms in the past with one currently still in research and the other was cleared for purchase in the matter of one day.

My transfer today went quicker than normal
    I guess it made up for all the other times the person had to get on the phone and ask a ton of questions.
    FJB

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast