Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Double Tap Rifle ammo

was doing an online search and found the DoubleTap ammo company site. They have some interesting loads in one of my "pet" calibers. Never heard of this company and was wondering if any has used their rifle ammo, and any pros/cons about it. thanks

Default Re: Double Tap Rifle ammo

They're a well known specialty ammo loader. They made their name with full power 10mm hot loads.

I have used Doubletap ammo in several calibers, it's always worked great for me. Some people claim that Doubletap ammo falls short of it's claimed velocities, other people say they've chrono'd it and it's very close to the advertised velocities.

I use their 80gr 9mm Barnes Solid Copper hollowpoint load, their 147gr TMF-FN 9mm+P trail defense load, and when i had an AR i used their 77gr Nosler OTM 5.56mm load.

One time i did order 9mm rounds and got a box half full of .380s and 9mms. That was the only problem i've ever had with their ammo.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Double Tap Rifle ammo

Thanks for the reply and now that you mentioned it i have heard of them regarding the pistol ammo, guess I just didn't realize they made the rifle ammo too. Prices dont seem to steep so I may order a box or 2 and see how the rifles like em.