Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Ranges

(Northampton County)

Default Local Ranges

I am new to the area and was wondering which ranges people recommend. I live in Upper Nazareth and it seems the East Bath Range is the closest but does not look to cater to my type of shooting. I enjoy mostly action pistol and long range rifle shooting. I would also like a place I can take my children and wife to shoot occasionally. I do not mind belonging to multiple clubs and price is not a big consideration as long as it is reasonable, I am more interested in the facilities and how friendly everyone is.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Local Ranges

Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca72 View Post
    I am new to the area and was wondering which ranges people recommend. I live in Upper Nazareth and it seems the East Bath Range is the closest but does not look to cater to my type of shooting. I enjoy mostly action pistol and long range rifle shooting. I would also like a place I can take my children and wife to shoot occasionally. I do not mind belonging to multiple clubs and price is not a big consideration as long as it is reasonable, I am more interested in the facilities and how friendly everyone is.
    I was a member of East Bath. They restrict how quickly you shoot to 1 round every 2 seconds... so like I said, I was a member. Easton Fish and Game is a decent place. There's 2 pistol ranges, a rifle range and a rimfire range. The website is http://www.efga.net/

(Lehigh County)

I belong to Guthsville, It would be a little farther drive for you but it is a very nice place and they are very friendly.
    https://www.guthsville.com/

(Northampton County)

I am new to the area and was wondering which ranges people recommend.
    I just started a similar thread ... and got the same responses (Easton, Bath, Guths)

http://forum.pafoa.org/ranges-18/164...lley-area.html

Summary:

Ive shot at Easton before and its a decent place.

We took a ride to Bath and instantly tossed that idea out the widow when I saw you cant shoot an AR-15 while standing on the 100 yd range

Guthsville was quite nice with several ranges to pick from and will probably be the range we join in the next several days (Monday they have a meeting to vote in new members)

(Northampton County)

I am a member of Easton Fish and Game and would be happy to show you the club on my guest pass. Also live in Nazareth.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for the quick replies. Easton Fish and Game appears to be closest and seems to have most of what I want. I may take a drive down there to take a look before joining. I may take up your offer of a tour, Rotorwash.

Does anyone know of a range that has a rifle range longer then 100yds? I do not mind driving a little further once in while to shoot at longer ranges.

Also does anyone know if EFG restricts calibers? I have a 50 BMG that I like to shoot once in a while.

thanks

(Northampton County)

There is a 300 yard about 45 mins away. No place to shoot the 50 though.

(Northampton County)

Ontelaunee Range in New Tripoli has 100, 200, and 300 yard ranges. http://www.ontelaunee.org/
    Last edited by Rotorwash; March 7th, 2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: messed up URL

(Northampton County)

That's the one, couldn't think of the name

(Northampton County)

Also does anyone know if EFG restricts calibers? I have a 50 BMG that I like to shoot once in a while.
    No, they don't allow .50 BMG, unfortunately:

NO FULL AUTOMATIC fire, uncontrolled rapid fire, or rifles in .50BMG allowed.
    From their range rules section on their website: http://www.efga.net/range-rules

Not sure where you can go with a .50. Might want to post in the rifles section of this forum (http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/) to see what others think. You will likely only get people from Northampton county on this section of the forum.

That said, you can probably go to Burma Road in Pottsville with the .50. Pretty much anything goes there, but I doubt the range is anything more than 100 yards. Not much fun for a .50. See what others in the rifle forum recommend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast