Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: MD Federal Court Declares "May Issue" Concealed Carry Law Unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Texas? Really? I'd like to see the judgment for that one.
    Theres a stereotype that texas is super gun friendly.....they aren't. They actually use to prohibit carry on your person until semi recently. There was a whole saga about how a guy gunned down a woman's parents in a restaurant while her gun was in her car because she wasnt allowed to carry.

The woman gained a lot of fame and ended up on the Texas legislature and was an advocate for carry in texas.

Also, as a side note, texas doesnt even allow open carry. Its conceal carry ONLY
    [account deactivated]

Default Re: MD Federal Court Declares "May Issue" Concealed Carry Law Unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    Theres a stereotype that texas is super gun friendly.....they aren't. They actually use to prohibit carry on your person until semi recently. There was a whole saga about how a guy gunned down a woman's parents in a restaurant while her gun was in her car because she wasnt allowed to carry.

The woman gained a lot of fame and ended up on the Texas legislature and was an advocate for carry in texas.

Also, as a side note, texas doesnt even allow open carry. Its conceal carry ONLY
    Yep, all true. IIRC, it was a Lubys, lady left her gun in the car, both her parents were killed. Pretty heavy testimony can be found on YouTube.

Wiki Article

They'll charge you if you "print" in TX, or so I have been told.
    Last edited by Maryland_Shooter; March 29th, 2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: typo
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland_Shooter View Post
    Yep, all true. IIRC, it was a Lubys, lady left her gun in the car, both her parents were killed. Pretty heavy testimony can be found on YouTube.

Wiki Article

They'll charge you if you "print" in TX, or so I have been told.
    When I was in TX, it did seem like a very pro gun state yet the capitol seemed hijacked by antis. At least that was the impression I got from the locals. Beautiful state. Although I never understood why very hot states wouldn't allow OC (ie TX, FL). It just doesn't make sense to me.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    When I was in TX, it did seem like a very pro gun state yet the capitol seemed hijacked by antis. At least that was the impression I got from the locals. Beautiful state. Although I never understood why very hot states wouldn't allow OC (ie TX, FL). It just doesn't make sense to me.
    Scares the sheeple. It's all I can think of honestly.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

As of now, the reasonably best case outcome of this is that MD becomes a Shall Issue state, right? This has nothing to do with PA reciprocity? That would be a whole different issue - require a new law to be passed, right?
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

Correct. If no stay, then shall issue. They also do not distinguish between OC and CC.

Reciprocity? MD?? Ha - never. They don't want us carrying guns, they sure won't allow other states citizens to carry in MD.

We need a national CC law.

FWIW, I highly doubt they will get a stay on a constitutional issue. It's a VERY high threshold to meet.

So they get an appeal, which may wind up at the USSC, hopefully when the court has the right balance or there will be a potential revolution.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    I can't speak for the other states, in NJ's latest case regarding licensing, Muller et al v Maenza et al the judge not only stated in his ruling that the 2nd Amendment only applies in the home, but further claimed the suit lacked standing.
    Here's a federal district court victory for carry outside the home in North Carolina: District Court Holds Second Amendment Applies Outside the Home, Strikes Down Ban on Gun Transportation During State of Emergency [on Volokh.com]

Not precedential in our neck of the woods, but could be persuasive if someone challenges 18 Pa.C.S. § 6107: Prohibited conduct during emergency.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

That's good news.

As far as Volokh, he's an Ivory Tower expert and not deserving of my respect or attention.

Let's just say I have litigated many things and once I asked if he could get a law student or anyone to push my Pleadings across the counter to a clerk, he told me he didn't know anyone in CA!

To be honest, he wouldn't make a pimple on a real lawyer's ass.

Short story (and pardon the hijack)

EggHead.com screwed me for a $50 rebate.
    I got bent and set up EggHeadSucks.Com
    I was sent an internal phone list, which I posted.
    Fenwick and West sued me for EggHead, claiming trade secrets
    What kind of trade secret goes on a business card?
    I litigated the matter via FedEx, had it tossed.
    I put up FenwickSucks.com and still own it.

So I had my 15 minutes of fame.

Article, not 100% factual.

Anyway, I don't think much of Volokh as an attorney. He talks a great game, but when it comes time to stand and deliver, he is not the man for the job.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345