Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Umarex vs. GSG MP5 (.22lr)

Anyone have any experience with these? I am thinking of picking one up to satisfy my MP5 craving.

I like the looks of the Umarex better, and the fact that they actually have the licensing to use the HK logs is cool (I'm sure that is driving the cost up as well). The Umarex also has the collapsible stock, while the GSGs seem to all have fixed stocks

Anyone know about the reliability or functionality of either?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Umarex vs. GSG MP5 (.22lr)

The GSG 5's came with the collapsible stocks too, if you can find one , they got screwed by HK, Now HK is in bed with Umarex (more royalties) soon they will screw Umarex too and move on to someone else.

I have a second Gen GSG5, awesome Gun the best $500 i have ever spent on a Gun, extremely accurate with a red dot sight on it. It feels and point just like a MP5, but is a lot cheaper and fun to shoot.

When my Nephew and Niece comes over from Communist New Jersey its the one gun they always ask to go shooting in the back yard.
    Go for a GSG/ATI if you can find one . scew HK

(Luzerne County)

I have them both. Never had any problems with either one, both function extremely well, feed anything and are both accurate. You can't go wrong with either one.

(Lackawanna County)

Love the GSG, I bought one when they first came out, put a collapsible stock on and red dot. Doesnt really come out of the gun cabinet anymore as I dont shoot much unsupressed .22 anymore. But never had a problem with mine.