Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default .348 Winchester ammo ??

I'm trying to help a friend find .348 Winchester ammo for an old rifle he inherited from his father.
    Does anyone know where we can find any in the Bucks County area ? We checked at Tanners & they don't have any & said none of their suppliers have any either. He would like to buy it locally instead of online if possible.Thanks for any help you can give.
    Jesus is Lord !

(Perry County)

Default Re: .348 Winchester ammo ??

The only way he will be able to buy locally is to go to gun shops tell the owner that he wants it, ask the owner to order it and then wait for a long time possibly forever for some of it to come in.

When checking online they usually have it in stock for a few short weeks a year. Winchester does a annual seasonal run of it. I usually find stuff for it on Midway around the beginning of the year. They run out quick.

My friend has a Browning 71 and factory ammo is so expensive that I reload for that rifle. I had a hell of a time finding brass for it because Winchester only makes it once a year and it sells out faster than the loaded ammo does. Luckily I found a guy at a gun show that had brass and I bought all that he had. Now we have a bit of brass to keep him supplied with ammo for it.

The whole game of keeping a 348 stocked is a frustrating one that requires tenacity and determination to get a pile of supplies or ammo to keep it shooting. It can be done but it's not easy.
    It's all fun and games, til someone shoots your bobber!

(Jefferson County)

If he cant locate it locally, here are a couple online to save some time.

Buffalo Arms has it in stock. It's pricey though.
    http://www.buffaloarms.com/Detail.as...21171&CAT=4445

MidwayUSA has some Buffalo Bore brand in stock. Even more pricey. It is rather warm ammo and may not be safe for every rifle.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/894...core-box-of-20
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper78 View Post
    The only way he will be able to buy locally is to go to gun shops tell the owner that he wants it, ask the owner to order it and then wait for a long time possibly forever for some of it to come in.

When checking online they usually have it in stock for a few short weeks a year. Winchester does a annual seasonal run of it. I usually find stuff for it on Midway around the beginning of the year. They run out quick.

The whole game of keeping a 348 stocked is a frustrating one that requires tenacity and determination to get a pile of supplies or ammo to keep it shooting. It can be done but it's not easy.
    Very true. My buddy brings an old .348 to camp every year just to get our mouth's watering. If it's gonna' be a shooter he may as well get into reloading for it...
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.

(Bucks County)

Thanks to all,I'm not familiar with .348 ammo but what you have told me is as I suspected. I'm really glad I'm not looking for it for myself
    Jesus is Lord !

Check out local gun shows. I usually see at least a couple boxes when I go. Considering today's prices, I'm glad I'm well stocked on ammo and components. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Check out local gun shows. I usually see at least a couple boxes when I go. Considering today's prices, I'm glad I'm well stocked on ammo and components. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Thanks Pizza Bob ! BTW, I like your screen name !
    Jesus is Lord !

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Thanks Pizza Bob ! BTW, I like your screen name !
    Thanks. I still have unprimed virgin brass for my model 71 that is marked at $2.70 a box of 20.

Is your friend's 71 a Winchester or a Browning?

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Indiana County)

Yep, start scouring the shows.

Last fall at the Monroeville show, someone had a pile of brass and bullets for the .348.
    I was going to buy some but since the rifle is for sale I figured I leave them for the next guy.

Tell you buddy to go order it at the LGS and hopefully he'll not have to wait for a year.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Thanks. I still have unprimed virgin brass for my model 71 that is marked at $2.70 a box of 20.

Is your friend's 71 a Winchester or a Browning?

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Now there's a good question since I've never seen it & he hasn't had it that long but I think he said it's a Winchester but he doesn't reload
    Jesus is Lord !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast