Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Boberg XR9s - anyone?

So in my many hours of trolling gun sites late at night I came across Boberg's XR9s and I must say I am fascinated.

Limited, high quality, high demand, boutique. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing so I just put myself on the waiting list.

http://www.bobergarms.com/notes/XR9_Shorty

Orders currently being fulfilled were placed almost exactly a year ago (you can track it on his site). So it is at least a year wait but I suspect longer due to the momentum he's gained over the last year.

Anyone here own one?

UPDATE: Here is an excellent review - http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...9060021962/p/1
    Last edited by Oshuwah; March 3rd, 2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: spelling

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Boberg XR9s - anyone?

nice looking gun but way overpriced for what it is in my opinion. you can buy 3 comparable guns, maybe 4, for what you're going to pay for the boberg. i have never read anything in reference to their reliability, quality or accuracy so who knows if it's really worth while buying? for the money i would go with a ruger lc9, keltec, or kahr before i spent a grand on an unknown.
    Last edited by wellcraft; February 29th, 2012 at 09:39 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    nice looking gun but way overpriced for what it is in my opinion. you can buy 3 comparable guns, maybe 4, for what you're going to pay for the boberg. i have never read anything in reference to their reliability, quality or accuracy so who knows if it's really worth while buying? for the money i would go with a ruger lc9, keltec, or kahr before i spent a grand on an unknown.
    Yeah definitely over priced but everyone that hits gunbroker sells for $1500-$2200. I guess it comes down to what you want. I'm just one of those guys who want what no one else has. I'll wait and pay $995 list, unless I change my mind by next year (which is more likely than not).

FWIW I would never pay 1K for a 1911 because I am bored out of my mind by the design and they are too big to carry, but so many swear buy them and so many are $$$$ - take Wilson Combat for example... $3k for a 1911? Never.

The research I did shows accuracy to be tight, have not seen any issues, but it is way to early to tell. Production/manufacturing details point to high quality.

(Northampton County)

Neat find, that's a cool little 9mm!

I've been on the list since June 2011. Expecting to be ordering in about 4 weeks after the current batch, consisting of pre-orders up to the end of April 2011, is shipped out.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by OneXime View Post
    I've been on the list since June 2011. Expecting to be ordering in about 4 weeks after the current batch, consisting of pre-orders up to the end of April 2011, is shipped out.

Ahh that's not too bad! I've got a 2.5 yr wait list on my latest guitar build, but that is finally coming up this fall

So far all of the first adopters (around 300 guns have been shipped) have had all their issues addressed. The minor issues reported were light strikes, case separations, paint falling out of the front sight and shots firing low.

Now all guns are shipped with three weights of springs (in the event you choose to use ammo with harder primers i.e. S&B), a new technique was adopted to have the paint adhere better to the front sight, and the standard front sight is a different height to address accuracy. Case separations are avoided by using properly crimped ammunition.

Reliability and workmanship is reported to be exceptional.

Recoil was measured at 46% less than a Kahr PM9.

(Chester County)

Whoa good feedback, thank you. If the gun was in hand today i would order one, that alone is enough to throw my name on the list and wait. A year from now the production should smooth out, maybe even increase if he can grow the business. I'm down.

(Jefferson County)

Just curious, but how does the cartridge get into the chamber with the chamber directly over the magazine, if not somewhat behind the magazine?

Does the barrel pull forward a bit?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Just curious, but how does the cartridge get into the chamber with the chamber directly over the magazine, if not somewhat behind the magazine?

Does the barrel pull forward a bit?
    Nevermind..

I see on one of the other videos that the slide pulls the cartridge back and upwards to chamber the round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNDAG...layer_embedded

http://www.bobergarms.com/video/vide...7%3AVideo%3A70
    Last edited by knight0334; February 29th, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast