Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default ill informed autozone employee

I was in Autozone yesterday oc'ing my 1911. Before I was even waited on, I was taking a picture of this head gasket "fix" liquid for a buddy who's having head gasket problems. I'm texting the picture to him when I hear, "ok, this is probably a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.". I respond by saying, go ahead... What's your question? half knowing what he's going to ask.

He says "do you have a concealed carry permit?" (i wasn't going to get into the semantics argument) I responded, "Yeah why?". He says, "so you cant carry your firearm openly like that then!". I pull out my pa ltcf and ask him to show me where it says concealed.... He says oh yeah! I know. But that's what a state police officer told another customer in here doing the same thing you're doing....we had a conversation about pa being an open carry state, and that its perfectly legal what I'm doing and I gave him this web address... Hopefully he visits and informs himself before he just listens to the local state police on firearms laws..... Cause what do they know, right?
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: ill informed autozone employee

Which Autozone?

I've yet to deal with anyone like that while I'm out. Most guys don't seem to want to bother me, or they figure I'm a cop. Or they're busy starting at my wife's giant German Shepherd that goes everywhere with us.

(Montgomery County)

Don't blame Autozone. I'd blame the Pa State Officer. AutoZone usually looks for people with automotive knowledge and background not firearms or law knowledge and background. AutoZone's policy is to follow the State's Laws as for as employees and customers are concerned.
    Last edited by ByblosHex; June 3rd, 2012 at 10:43 AM.

(Lawrence County)

I'm not blaming Autozone. This particular employee said he also owns a handgun, and conceal carries. That's the only reason why I'm a little upset. If youre going to carry, learn all te laws before you partake in such an act....

The one by cascade shaul. He's a new guy, I haven't seen him before. Almost everyone in there knows me. I always go in there.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Tioga County)

I say you gave an excellent response.
    MikeP

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    I'm not blaming Autozone. This particular employee said he also owns a handgun, and conceal carries. That's the only reason why I'm a little upset. If youre going to carry, learn all te laws before you partake in such an act....

The one by cascade shaul. He's a new guy, I haven't seen him before. Almost everyone in there knows me. I always go in there.
    Blame the county sheriff's office for not properly informing the citizen of his rights. Many sheriffs department actually give the citizen wrong or false information on their right to open carry. They're the real culprits here. If not for PAFOA I for one would not know I could OC.

(Lancaster County)

Top places to not get advice about firearm laws:

1) The Police
    2) Gun Shops
    3) The Inturwebs
    4) Autozone

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    Don't blame Autozone. I'd blame the Pa State Officer. AutoZone usually looks for people with automotive knowledge and background not firearms or law knowledge and background. AutoZone's policy is to follow the State's Laws as for as employees and customers are concerned.
    Key word bolded. I usually have to deal with an idiot.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    Blame the county sheriff's office for not properly informing the citizen of his rights. Many sheriffs department actually give the citizen wrong or false information on their right to open carry. They're the real culprits here. If not for PAFOA I for one would not know I could OC.
    Ours is pretty bad with the info he gives out. The flyer that the sheriff's office sends out is mostly opinion, which annoys me.

Bmarshall, I know the one you're talking about. I've been there a few times, and the other employees never cared. Go figure it's the FNG that had to be different. :P

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    Key word bolded. I usually have to deal with an idiot.
    Well, they usually 'look' for them, when they can't find any they hire whoever is laying around. Generally speaking though you can tell who works there and who just 'shows up'.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast