Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default New DeSantis holster for 1911

I got a new "cocked and locked" holster for my kimber 1911. The fit is very good and the retention is overkill. I have to break it in. I dont really know how I will like the thumb break until its properly broken in. I am carrying it on a galco leather gun belt.
    I wanted a different holster, but I dont have the money right now for a beltman and a highnoon holster, but I will this summer.
    The fit and finish on this are very nice so far.
    There is no sight track in this holster, but it doesnt look like that will be a problem. I would take a picture, but i dont see the difference, it looks just like on desantis website.
    It is open muzzle, the thumb break is very stiff and disengages really easy with your thumb.
    Just thought I would post about it. I just wanted something until I get money to buy what I REALLY want, but until then......
    If i posted in the wrong forum, please move it.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: New DeSantis holster for 1911

i love desantis products they are top of the line imo!

(Butler County)

Just wanted to update this. After having this holster for only a few days or so, it has gotten very nicely broken in. Very comfortable, and the retention has gotten better. I dont have to yank on it to get the gun out. Great holster so far. And the thumb break is also nice. Very easy to draw from (still a bit tight, but getting better), and re-holster. It still has some break-in yet to go, but I would recommend it as an OC holster for a colt govt style 1911. The Thumb break after re-holstering almost falls back into place, and I can re-snap it with one hand usually pretty easily.
    Last edited by MicroMonkey; March 5th, 2012 at 04:03 PM.

(Berks County)

What Kimber do you carry?
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    What Kimber do you carry?
    eclipse target 2

(Lawrence County)

Keep practicing that draw/presentation. Wouldn't want to bump that safety as you push thru the snap of the thumb-break. Good holster...
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.

(Butler County)

yea. It actually not bad when pushing the thumb break. My thumb rides at the top of the break, and its fairly natural for me to push toward my body and my thumb naturally falls below the safety, but practice is the smart idea. Also thankfully I have excellent trigger finger dicipline regardless of the holster

(Northumberland County)

I've been carrying my Kimber in these for a while now, I'm on my second one. For me DeSantis makes nice affordable holsters and they have a decent selection for leftys. With the exception of a Del Fatti and one Milt Sparks all the rest are DeSantis. Now if they made a left handed HK P7 holster!
    "You never lived till you almost died, for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

(Butler County)

yea, they are pretty affordable compared to some of the custom leather and even galco costs way more. So far I like the holster. I noticed some of the black dye on the bottom is wearing off at the muzzle end. I think that is where the seatbelt in my truck touches it. i will have to look at what is rubbing the holster, but it seems the dye on it isnt very deep into the leather, but oh well, as long as it dont start doing that all over the whole thing. Anyone else have a black holster with the dye wearing off? What would you do to fix it?

(Butler County)

after being worn a bit. great holster. The draw is excellent now that its reasonably worn in, and it didnt take long either
    Last edited by MicroMonkey; February 14th, 2013 at 12:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast