Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New DeSantis holster for 1911

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMonkey View Post
    I noticed some of the black dye on the bottom is wearing off at the muzzle end. I think that is where the seatbelt in my truck touches it. i will have to look at what is rubbing the holster, but it seems the dye on it isnt very deep into the leather, but oh well, as long as it dont start doing that all over the whole thing. Anyone else have a black holster with the dye wearing off? What would you do to fix it?
    Brownells sells Feibing's leather dye. Buy the smallest bottle and use it for touch-up, followed by natural shoe polish. Do not use colored shoe polish, because that WILL rub off on your clothing.

(Carbon County)

I have this holster also.. I don't wear it much as I have been using the serpa more. In fact I think I've used mine less than a dozen times.. nice holster.. but I have been on the bike more often and like the extra security of the serpa.. I use the leather when I'm dressed nice.. but that hasn't happened in 3 years..

(Philadelphia County)

I just got one of these holsters last week and have been wearing it everyday since then. The fit is very nice and it is a pretty stable holster. The only problem that I have is that the plastic back for the snap on the retention strap sits up against my safety. Every once in a while, if I bend in a certain way, it will disengage my safety. I find myself constantly checking it for some reason. Would have been nice if they molded the back of that plastic piece so that it wrapped around the safety and kept it in whatever position you wanted to carry. I am planning on changing my sights out in the next few weeks too. Hope that doesn't create a snagging problem.

(Butler County)

I can see what the last poster mentioned. I havent had that issue, but I can see how leaning or having the thumb break on the holster pushed back could dis-engage the thumb safety. I tested it and I have to push reasonably hard on it to drop the safety. Its a valid point though.
    But we still have the grip safety. But definitely a good point for those concerned.
    Last edited by MicroMonkey; June 5th, 2012 at 06:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12