Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Unhappy "Test Driving" different firearms just got harder at TargetMaster

So, I took the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course over the weekend and was all ready to take off work either tomorrow or Thursday and go down to TargetMaster to rent some of the Pistols that I have on my short list....

Well, it looks like that just got a bit harder to do:

via Targetmaster's site:

To help ensure the safety of the staff and other patrons, the following policy is effective immediately:

NO CUSTOMER MAY RENT A GUN IF THEY ARE SHOOTING ALONE

Exceptions:

If customer is in the possession of their own firearm that they will be shooting at the time of the rental

If customer is a member and it is not their first time on the range

Being that I don't have a gun to bring, and I only have a few people I know that shoot (most working normal hours and don't live really close). I guess I will need to plan my trip a little more in detail or meet up with people that own the particular model that I wanted to try out at a range in their area.

I guess I can understand the rule, I just thought I had everything planned out and was doing it all correctly..

Thought I would pass this along in case anyone was planning on doing the same thing and for all of those on this forum that (correctly) recommend first time buyers renting before they buy.
    It's called "WORK" for a reason, they wouldn't pay you for it if it was fun.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: "Test Driving" different firearms just got harder at TargetMaster

This is in response to their 2nd suicide within 6 months.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    This is in response to their 2nd suicide within 6 months.
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Just really bad timing for me.

(Chester County)

Would French Creek Outfitters be closer to you? They don't have such a policy.

(Chester County)

Classic Pistol has the same kind of policy. You have to have a gun in order to rent one or be in a group of two or more.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolff View Post
    Would French Creek Outfitters be closer to you? They don't have such a policy.
    It would be about the same I believe. I will look into that.

(Chester County)

French Creek is about 5 minutes out of the way on my way home from work. If you want to try out anything or meet up some night, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryStyle View Post
    So, I took the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course over the weekend and was all ready to take off work either tomorrow or Thursday and go down to TargetMaster to rent some of the Pistols that I have on my short list....
    Did you take the class through TargetMaster? If so, I'd give them a call and see if they'd be willing to let you rent solo. Now that they "know" you, they might be willing to let you try out some guns. If not, no sweat. Their range, their rules.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PaTom View Post
    French Creek is about 5 minutes out of the way on my way home from work. If you want to try out anything or meet up some night, let me know.
    Thanks for that offer Tom. I sent a few emails to my friends to see if anyone wants to go, but if not I will send you a PM or email.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    Did you take the class through TargetMaster? If so, I'd give them a call and see if they'd be willing to let you rent solo. Now that they "know" you, they might be willing to let you try out some guns. If not, no sweat. Their range, their rules.
    No, I didn't take it there, and I understand the reasoning for the rule, I didn't mean to come off as complaining about the rule itself (if I did), just letting everyone know about it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast