Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: "Test Driving" different firearms just got harder at TargetMaster

Wouldnt have stopped those twin older ladies who had a pact a year or 2 back. Didnt they off themselves at an outdoor range?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by CountryStyle View Post
    It would be about the same I believe. I will look into that.
    FC is about 3 miles from my house. I'd be willing to meet you there. You could test my M&P .40 FS, Kahr CM9, LCR 38+p, and a couple .22s for the cost of your range fee. In my experience, the lines to shoot there are much shorter than Targetmaster on most days. Probably because there are a couple private clubs nearby. If you want to try just mine, we could shoot for free at LPRGC. If you want to try anything else, you'd be looking at a rental fee at FC.

No pressure, just throwing it out there. I have a guest pass for LPRGC that allows two guests, so you could bring someone if you'd like.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolff View Post
    FC is about 3 miles from my house. I'd be willing to meet you there. You could test my M&P .40 FS, Kahr CM9, LCR 38+p, and a couple .22s for the cost of your range fee. In my experience, the lines to shoot there are much shorter than Targetmaster on most days. Probably because there are a couple private clubs nearby. If you want to try just mine, we could shoot for free at LPRGC. If you want to try anything else, you'd be looking at a rental fee at FC.

No pressure, just throwing it out there. I have a guest pass for LPRGC that allows two guests, so you could bring someone if you'd like.
    That is a extremely nice offer Wolff. I may just take you up on that. Do you work normal office hours? what times do you normally go to LPRGC?
    It's called "WORK" for a reason, they wouldn't pay you for it if it was fun.

(Chester County)

That is a extremely nice offer Wolff. I may just take you up on that. Do you work normal office hours? what times do you normally go to LPRGC?
    I do work office hours, but I work from home one day a week, so I could do a lunch over there if that works for you. It's usually pretty quiet there then. Otherwise I usually go after 9pm, just because there's no crowds, the kids are in bed, and I keep forgetting which night is archery night there on the indoor range (they lose range priority at 9).

I'm home from work by 5, so I could get there at 5:15-5:30 pm if you'd like to shoot outside if they have something going on indoors.

(Chester County)

Wolff,
    I will send you a PM shortly.
    Thanks
    It's called "WORK" for a reason, they wouldn't pay you for it if it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    This is in response to their 2nd suicide within 6 months.
    Somehow I missed this. Is this becoming a popular thing to do?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolff View Post
    I keep forgetting which night is archery night
    Archery has priority on Monday and Fridays.. Monday night is Archery league night.. So fridays normally don't see many shooting inside.

Was it recent that someone shot themselves at TM? Or this from last year? Just heard the other day about someone joking around and put a 22 up to their head and pulled the trigger and it went bang.. But it didn't sound like an intentional suicide. Ohh well.. It would be nice if they offered the option of you having to pay for someone to babysit you while you rented. But then I guess that would open them up to liability if someone still shot themselves after paying for the babysitter..
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    Archery has priority on Monday and Fridays.. Monday night is Archery league night.. So fridays normally don't see many shooting inside.

Was it recent that someone shot themselves at TM? Or this from last year? Just heard the other day about someone joking around and put a 22 up to their head and pulled the trigger and it went bang.. But it didn't sound like an intentional suicide. Ohh well.. It would be nice if they offered the option of you having to pay for someone to babysit you while you rented. But then I guess that would open them up to liability if someone still shot themselves after paying for the babysitter..
    Thanks. They keep the website updated, but I've got a routine going now.

The most recent shooting there was in the bathroom this last Valentines day. There was another one a couple months ago, and I heard conflicting reports about that one. Some people are saying it was in his car in the parking lot, others saying it was right on the range after firing most of the box of ammo he bought with the rental. I was in there the Sunday after Valentines day, and it was a 2-hour wait for a lane, so it's not hurting their business any, that's for sure.

(Montgomery County)

Talk to them about it. Even these asshats would probably allow you to do so if they had a conversation with you. Ask them if they would be willing to send an employee in to give you some tips and supervise you because you're taking a course. I'll bet that unless you're a nut job they would probably be inclined to let you go in.

So, I took the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course over the weekend and was all ready to take off work either tomorrow or Thursday and go down to TargetMaster to rent some of the Pistols that I have on my short list....

Well, it looks like that just got a bit harder to do:

via Targetmaster's site:

To help ensure the safety of the staff and other patrons, the following policy is effective immediately:

NO CUSTOMER MAY RENT A GUN IF THEY ARE SHOOTING ALONE

Exceptions:

If customer is in the possession of their own firearm that they will be shooting at the time of the rental

If customer is a member and it is not their first time on the range

Being that I don't have a gun to bring, and I only have a few people I know that shoot (most working normal hours and don't live really close). I guess I will need to plan my trip a little more in detail or meet up with people that own the particular model that I wanted to try out at a range in their area.

I guess I can understand the rule, I just thought I had everything planned out and was doing it all correctly..

Thought I would pass this along in case anyone was planning on doing the same thing and for all of those on this forum that (correctly) recommend first time buyers renting before they buy.

(Bucks County)

Do you have a certificate for completing the NRA course? Seems a bit stupid to me if they would deny you a rental if you have the certificate. Why would you go thru the trouble of learning safe handling just to off yourself later at the range?
    Last edited by prospero1919; February 28th, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast