Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Default Re: where at in bucks are you ??

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    I don't understand. Is everyone short in Newtown? I would think after 14 yrs in Philthadelphia, Newtown would seem extremely sterile looking. The clean air, properties that are actually occupied and not boarded up and lack of fear from being mugged would be more of a contrast.
    Naw, he's talking about it's relative shine in comparison to Philly. And don't be fooled by the bucolic facade, we have some dangerous characters around here. Like gangstas. That kid driving Mama's Toyota with the seat folded back and the hat on backwards....I hear he stole some gum from the 7-11 and cussed in school once. And then there is the scondrel who lets his dog crap on other people's lawns. Parking? Figitaboutit. Your gonna need to park 3 or 4 spaces from where you want to be. The streets are mean in Newtown. Oh, and Wendy's....they play 50's/60's tunes.

There actually is a um, set of Bloods in Richboro. I'd love to see that jump-in.

Poopyhead. yo
    Am not. yo
    Are too. yo
    Nuhuh. yo
    Uhhuh. yo
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Bucks County)

Holding down the fort in New Britain Township, which is right outside of Doylestown. I'm located right by Peace Valley Park (Lake Gelena) and the shrine of chestahova (or however you spell it).

Quote Originally Posted by cobraluvr1018 View Post
    Dying to find a place that has a good hot roast beef w provolone cheese on a Kaiser roll in Upper Bucks County....any suggestions?
    Ain't Bucks , but yer close enough! Go to Guilianos Deli 5th & Chestnut in Lansdale on Fridays for the best home cooked hot roast beef sandwiches. It's their Friday lunch special. Been getting them for close to 20yrs now.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Funny you should mention Eddington. My daughter and I may be going over that direction later today to re-discover Dinosaur Lake. I spent a fair amount of time there in my youth. Franklin Mills Mall? Many don't remember Liberty Bell Racetrack......I remember the farm that once sat there.
    Well did you go to Dinosaur lake ........ Good snapper turtle hunting .... LOL

I remember the farm,Liberty Bell park and I now live in a stick built home on one of those farms I used to hunt as a kid K-mart was an Airport..... Worked at A&D Guld on Street and Hulmville .... Now a Wawa

(Berks County)

Any of you guys hit Goomba's on 309, next to American Arms and Ammo? Best cheesesteaks EVER.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Any of you guys hit Goomba's on 309, next to American Arms and Ammo? Best cheesesteaks EVER.
    The power of suggestion is strong with this one.(in best Yoda voice)
    So I ordered a cheese steak hoagie with a side of fresh garlic and parmesian cheese fries today. CSH was good. For the price I would expect more meat on it, but no fat, and that part was good. The roll seemed a bit much. I prefer a CS's roll to be soft and not such a large part of it. Now, the fries. Description on menu should have fresh garlic with parmesian and fries. WAY too much garlic. So much I couldn't eat more than a dozen or so. The place was very busy though, so they must be doing something right. Would I make the trip again? Not unless I was in the area. For the money, Lee's Hoagie gives you more meat, if not a tad fattier, and their rolls are more in-line with how I like. The search goes on for BEST cheesesteaks ever in area.

(Bucks County)

imo steves prince of steaks .are pretty dam good .and tony lukes .but near by prob julios steak in a pouch .

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Well did you go to Dinosaur lake ........ Good snapper turtle hunting .... LOL

I remember the farm,Liberty Bell park and I now live in a stick built home on one of those farms I used to hunt as a kid K-mart was an Airport..... Worked at A&D Guld on Street and Hulmville .... Now a Wawa
    Naw, didn't make it to the lake, I went the opposite direction up to Harrow/Ottsville. Last year I found a very cool spot, we call it The Pool and wanted to see how it looked this spring. There is little flat rock steam that hardly has any flow unless it rains but over centuries of rains it has a spot with a stepped waterfall and below it is a pool about 30' wide and maybe 4' deep, carved out by water. Very, very pretty. I have never seen trash or other people there.

But maybe this Sunday. My daughter and I were discussing what hike this weekend and I forgot about the lake. Yeah, I remember the legends of man-eating turtles. Most kids seemed afraid to even touch the water for fear of being lunch. Since that is your old stomping grounds, surely you remember Gravel Pike. Did you ever explore the Bucks side of the creek...behind the trucking company off Woodhaven. There were two cement columns (at the end of the stone wall) at the road and a little shack next to them. Following the remainders of that drive and you came to the ruins of a large house, mostly just the basement/foundation. But beyond that was a pool and it was full of the biggest frogs this side of Texas. And the field that is now Liberty Square at the end of Whiting Rd...I used to shoot a .22 there. I still have that rifle.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    It's a great fair, my DIL and her Mom have been on the board for long time.
    Please feel free to tell them they do a bang-up job on the fair each and every year! It is truly a gem of an event in Bucks county.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Naw, didn't make it to the lake, I went the opposite direction up to Harrow/Ottsville. Last year I found a very cool spot, we call it The Pool and wanted to see how it looked this spring. There is little flat rock steam that hardly has any flow unless it rains but over centuries of rains it has a spot with a stepped waterfall and below it is a pool about 30' wide and maybe 4' deep, carved out by water. Very, very pretty. I have never seen trash or other people there.

But maybe this Sunday. My daughter and I were discussing what hike this weekend and I forgot about the lake. Yeah, I remember the legends of man-eating turtles. Most kids seemed afraid to even touch the water for fear of being lunch. Since that is your old stomping grounds, surely you remember Gravel Pike. Did you ever explore the Bucks side of the creek...behind the trucking company off Woodhaven. There were two cement columns (at the end of the stone wall) at the road and a little shack next to them. Following the remainders of that drive and you came to the ruins of a large house, mostly just the basement/foundation. But beyond that was a pool and it was full of the biggest frogs this side of Texas. And the field that is now Liberty Square at the end of Whiting Rd...I used to shoot a .22 there. I still have that rifle.
    Funny as much as I have explored the woods and creek in that area only once did I go under woodhaven rd to the bucks side up to Yezzi park (spelling,I live here and don't know the spelling lol)..... The end of Whiting rd well thats a different story ........ Many a day/night in that field and the woods under aged drinking ....... up stream of the park to knights road explored many times since moving to the other side of the creek ..... (lived on lawnside rd)
    Dinosaur lake is no more a lake the dam that made it has since broken down and is now a shallow swamp ...... and yes killer turtles do live there as I have a nephew that fishes back there every now and then and comes home with very large snappers for soup 40+lbers on weighed in at 72lbs...... He is a hillbilly from the pittsburgh area ...... the stone house on knights road is haunted and is now a stucco biz office ...... Lat family that lived there my kid knew the girl and they have seen the old lady ghost taking care on the baby in the bedroom ...... Imagination? they only lived there for 1.5 yrs ..... You would be disappointed walking back there,as with the Mall,there is countless plastic bags and trash .......

That area you found sounds like a nice little spot to keep to yourself ..... No trash ...... Thats hard to find this close to home

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast