Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Destructive Devices 'Panzerschreck'

My question is after reading some past thread postings is, in Pennsylvania can citizens apply for and get approved via the ATF a Form 4 for a Destructive Device and in this particular case a fully functional WW2 German Panzerschreck???

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Destructive Devices 'Panzerschreck'

There are two types of DDs: large bore, a firearm with a bore over 1/2" and exploding-having an explosive charge of more than 1/4 ounce.

large bore are legal in PA, but not exploding. The Panzerschreck should be ok, but not the live rounds or rounds that would explode.

Now. getting a sign off from a CLEO might be another issue.

(Lehigh County)

Smile Re: Destructive Devices 'Panzerschreck'

I've become a regular if you will at Sheriff Rossi's office over the past year or so and knock on wood, never had problem getting signatures for supressors and MG's. It's been made known that I'm a collector of WW2 militaria so I don't think that Mr. Rossi would mind much. Just throwing that out there...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by kahamlett View Post
    I've become a regular if you will at Sheriff Rossi's office over the past year or so and knock on wood, never had problem getting signatures for supressors and MG's. It's been made known that I'm a collector of WW2 militaria so I don't think that Mr. Rossi would mind much. Just throwing that out there...
    That's fine, but I know that here in Monroe County they won't sign for DDs. I think that it's due to the two types of DDs and they are just saying no to either. I even tried to explain the differences, but it was like talking to a wall. I went LLC and don't have to deal with the crapola.

(Lehigh County)

I dn't want to branch off into another thread here but after a MG shoot back in October, the shoot was sponsored by a law firm down towards Philly area and I have been very curious to see how much money, headache, red tape it would be to put together a LLC/Trust ect?

Any suggestions because I just might do that?

(Beaver County)

Just out of curiosity, what is the registered part on one of those? I am a collector of WW2 weapons and most of my NFA stuff is of the WW2 era. I have a live WW2 M2 60mm mortar. To my knowledge, your transfer dealer must have a DD license in order to do the transfer. I know there are ways around it for mortars but I dont know if those would apply to bazookas.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by kahamlett View Post
    I dn't want to branch off into another thread here but after a MG shoot back in October, the shoot was sponsored by a law firm down towards Philly area and I have been very curious to see how much money, headache, red tape it would be to put together a LLC/Trust ect?

Any suggestions because I just might do that?
    Talk to GunLawyer aka Phil Kline, a member here on the forum, he can answer you question's. He's located in Quakertown.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by goldglove25 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is the registered part on one of those? I am a collector of WW2 weapons and most of my NFA stuff is of the WW2 era. I have a live WW2 M2 60mm mortar. To my knowledge, your transfer dealer must have a DD license in order to do the transfer. I know there are ways around it for mortars but I dont know if those would apply to bazookas.
    The registered part is whichever part has the serial number, same as any firearm. I'm not sure on the Panzer, but it's likely similar to a mortar where the close end of the tube has the info on it.

Any SOT paying FFL (SOT 1, 2, or 3) can do the transfer on a DD. You need a separate FFL (Type 10) for manufacturing DD's and it's $1000 a year on top of everything else. But for transfers they Form 3 dealer to dealer then Form 4 to you just like any other NFA weapon.

So just look for a regular 'class 3' dealer that is a FFL 01 / SOT 03 or a FFL 07 / SOT 02 and you'll be fine.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Lehigh County)

The ATF a couple of years ago reclassified live Panzerschecks into the C&R status being that live rounds are no more. This seller stated that if one has a C&R license, the weapon can ship directly to buyer. I do not have that type of license yet but thinking about getting one. It also would be faster to apply and get approved for that rather than go through the hassle of two tax stamps since it would be coming from out of state.

(Westmoreland County)

That sounds right.

$30 and some time for the C&R could save you $200 for the first stamp into PA. It also saves you the NFA dealer 'transfer fee' or whatever they'd charge you.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast