Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Drivers' License Database Stolen

there is a thread in the PA state club section of glocktalk stating that computer containing a database containing drivers's license info for 11,000+ people was stolen from the wilkes-barre driver license center in hanover PA. they also stole a bunch of materials (card stock, etc.) for making fake licenses.

the link is:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread....hreadid=623072

Everyone who had their photos taken for a license or photo ID card at the Wilkes-Barre driver license center in Hanover Township between Aug. 30 and Nov. 28 had their data stolen
    just a heads up for any of you who might be affected by this. it sounds like ID thieves, so if you're data was stolen, you might want to take appropriate measures to protect your identity/credit/etc.

(Clarion County)

Default Re: Drivers' License Database Stolen

With real ID looming I wonder if this stuff will be of any value? I suppose in the short term a criminal could use it to steal.
    I hate to support theft but every time something like this happens it sheds light on how inept beauracrats are. If we could get a lot of this type of thing as well as identity theft happening maybe we could get people to demand less information on their license. the exact opposite of Real ID.
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

(Berks County)

Actually from what I've heard there is a distinct possibility of it being, at least in part, an inside job. There was a high tech security system that was bypassed and evidently it was someone using the correct code.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Fulton County)

a ID printer and a copy from a hard drive and alot of valid id numbers and your ready to set up shop and printem out. they knew what they were after. A High security system is only as strong as the people using it.

I read an article where people gained access to a secure building by saying they where there to fix the copyer... Thieves are so well organized, they usually do their best work right under your nose!

When I was in Canada, (and I can see the same applies here) stores checked small bags and purchases against the "reciept" to show how they where looking out for theft, a large store found there was a small problem with this when a cedar canoe went missing, when they reviewed the videos of the day, they noticed 2 men walk up to the Canoe, stick a "reciept" on its side, then carry it out of the store no questions asked!

In a small town in Quebec, there was an instance where a locksmith truck pulled up to a new construction area removed all the front doors and replaced them with simple luan doors. 50 homes where robbed this way and the average door was carved Oak, $1000 per door!
    In an other area, a delivery truck arrived with fridge, stove and dish washer, the house was locked and an alarm system installed, the delivery men went to the forman on the site and said they where there to deliver new appliances. Once the house unlocked and disarmed, the delivery men carried heavy yet empty boxes in, covered the appliances with them and carried out full yet very light looking boxes. Took 3 days for the contractors there to realise the delivery men where coming in with empty boxes and walking out with the appliances in the supposedly empty boxes... Worst of all it was the same builder that had the doors stolen a few weeks earlyer.

Think thats a killer? a van stopped at a police station told the person at the front window they where there to get 3 cruisers for a scheduled recall inspection. Showed a paper from far away, the person at the window took the the keys of the cruisers specified and handed them to the thieves!

When I heard that one, i thought to my self How classical! no one would thingk of stealing 3 police cruisers out of a police station!
    Last edited by Frenchy; December 4th, 2006 at 03:54 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly