Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanfoglio

Default Tanfoglio

Does anyone have a Tanfoglio firearm?

A few months back I purchased a "Tanfoglio Force Carry/Police". A clone with, some would say improvements, of the CZ-75.

My pistol is the poly frame in .40 cal. I currently own several handguns, and while some of my autoloaders will more reliably feed all types of ammo, none points or feels better in my hand.

What are your opinions of this pistol?

Default Re: Tanfoglio

I had a 1993 model Witness stainless sport in 45acp and I think that the design, feel and accuracy is excellent, until you have to have it service and deal with (Paul) customer service manager.

Finally got rid of mine after the stainless slide crack and was replaced by Paul with a black slide with an excuse that the gun was worn and out of warranty.

I felt like suing but new that it would cost me more than the gun was worth.

Original all stainless Witness Sport 45acp

Replacement for stainless slide Witnees Sport 45acp

Good luck and enjoy it while it functions.
    Last edited by Cuba; May 8th, 2012 at 10:21 PM.

(York County)

Smile Re: Tanfoglio

I have a standard full size all steel model with a 10mm upper and a 45acp upper it's awesome to shoot, I just had the frame cerikoted OD green and it looks great.

Awesome pistols for the money
    Every day's a Saturday

(Indiana County)

I picked up one of the polymer Witnesses a couple months back.

So far, it's the best $299 gun I've even bought.
    Not one person that's shot it so far has not liked it, just as accurate as any other box stock 9mm I've fired, and better than most more expensive ones.

Fits my hand nice, felt recoil is minimal.

My only complaint is trying to find mags, the old style small frame steel gun mags are the same, but even if you do find them, they have the steel floor plate and on the poly gun it tears my finger up.

Good guns. I have one with a .38 Super and 10MM upper.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuba View Post
    I had a 1993 model Witness stainless sport in 45acp and I think that the design, feel and accuracy is excellent, until you have to have it service and deal with (Paul) customer service manager.

Finally got rid of mine after the stainless slide crack and was replaced by Paul with a black slide with an excuse that the gun was worn and out of warranty.

Paul, yeah, real treat isn't he. You could start a call with "Good morning", and that seemingly alone could start a foul mouth, psycho tirade from him... Stretching it a bit, but not that much! Like you, me, and a lot of others, he killed and kills any future chance of buying any of the products he imports. If Tanfoglio were smart, they would end ties with him, and import pistols here under their name with a good importer.

Glad to see Armscor assembled from Tanfoglio parts, Rock Island Armory imported pistols can be had here, and from what I gather with good service. Very similar to the Tanfoglio Force in steel and plastic as seen at Centerfire Systems:

Bul Transmark imported very similar pistols, as seen here from World Guns:

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuba View Post

Hey Cuba, good to see you on this board too, i am a member over on Taurus armed .net too.

Op , i have a Witness .45 Plymer in the Wonder finish.

Great Gun , i usually ust deal with EAA directly and get what i want from them instead of dealing with "Paul"

Just go to EAA website they have everything there .

(Indiana County)

I don't even know who this Paul is.
    How do I know how to avoid him?

I have dealt with EAA and have not had any sort of problem with them so far.

(Monroe County)

Yeah stick with EAA, i order direct from them all the time, very efficient, and they ship fast, 2 days to get my mag springs and followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Okiegunner View Post
    Does anyone have a Tanfoglio firearm?

A few months back I purchased a "Tanfoglio Force Carry/Police". A clone with, some would say improvements, of the CZ-75.

My pistol is the poly frame in .40 cal. I currently own several handguns, and while some of my autoloaders will more reliably feed all types of ammo, none points or feels better in my hand.

What are your opinions of this pistol?
    456 - I have a Witness from EAA that was once made by Tanfoglio which is a copy of the CZ79C which is a compact 10 shot 45acp. Nicely made gun sloid steel very ergonomic and swichtes easy to get to. The sights are high and visible evrything is setup nicely on the gun. Myy problem is that I bought it used without a magazine at very reasonable price. I bought a Pro mag for it and the magazine is faulty it will only load and fire 6 shots. More then 6 shots loaded and it jams after every round. Other then that it seems to be a nicely made gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast