Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up You mean that guy?

The other day some friends were in the area. Being that they were about 100 or so miles from home I suggested dinner before they hit the road. There is a little place My wife, daughter and I go pretty regular.

So on the way into the resturant my friend asks about OC and was it ok in there. I told him yes I do it all the time and there has never been an issue.
    We get our seats (all 7 of them) situate the children and have dinner. We were seated towards the rear of the diner and near the bathroom door. Sitting near the bath room made for lots of traffic. Some older man 65+ walked by said a few words to the children and walked to the bathroom. No big deal just some nice old guy. The old guy walks by on the way out says hello again and walks off. Since I said I would buy dinner I walked up to the counter to pay and then I heard this. The same old guy is now in front of me at the counter.

This is as close as I can recall, not exact W4W.

Old guy: To the Cashier, there is some guy sitting back there with a 9mm on his hip with a laser!

Cashier: You mean that guy? (Smiling) She then looked over the old guys shoulder at me.

Old guy: To me, who, what , were when and why?

Me: It's called open carry and ~~~~cut off by the old guy.~~~

Old guy: We are retired Police from Upper such and such Ive never heard of that.

Me: (not wanting to engage due to friends and family waiting) Hear, read this I said, it explains open carry. Sorry its beat up from being in my pocket.

Old guy: (Looking at the cover) Ok! We (his friend) got tired of carrying them.

OG friend: Mumbles something & did not want to engage in the conversation.

Me: I apoligized again about the condition of the flyer and said have a nice night.

I then walked back to the dinner table and chatted about what was just said.

I would have spoken longer to the Old guy however it would not have been right to leave my Guests at the dinner table. Also being the the Old guy & friend were retired police officers, I felt no need to give them an education on current law so I soft shoed him with a flyer!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: You mean that guy?

What was your carry setup? Just curious as to how Old Guy knew is was a "9mm with a laser".

And was he trying to invoke panic by informing the cashier?
    Last edited by spartakis252; February 25th, 2012 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    What was your carry setup? Just curious as to how Old Guy knew is was a "9mm with a laser".

I guess the 9mm part was pure luck! I carry a G19 in a Serpa with a Crimson trace laser. The crimson trace sticks out and if you have ever seen one it is instantly reconizable as a laser. As for him telling the Cashier that would be pure speculation on my part. I suppose he was concerned AKA Hooplaphobia,
    think of all the children and infants in the resturant, 3 were at my table Ahahahhhhh!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I guess the 9mm part was pure luck! I carry a G19 in a Serpa with a Crimson trace laser. The crimson trace sticks out and if you have ever seen one it is instantly reconizable as a laser. As for him telling the Cashier that would be pure speculation on my part. I suppose he was concerned AKA Hooplaphobia,
    think of all the children and infants in the resturant, 3 were at my table Ahahahhhhh!
    Yeah the crimson trace on a Glock I would have made the same guess, the .40 cal being my second choice.

As for the children comment, reminds me of our last OC BBQ(in Cranberry PA)(cant link the thread from my phone) where Lastgunfighter(I think) had the police show up because he was OCing at a playground where there were 4-5 children and 3 were his(wish I coulda seen the look on the cops face).

Anyways I think you handled the situation well, but it annoys me reading OC stories were hoplophobics can't mind their own damn business.

How many times must we say it... NEVER TALK TO OLD GUYS!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post

Because the old guy defaulted to the most effective caliber with the best capacity.

Wait, you have a glock in a SERPA? How is it NOT killing everyone in sight?

Well done!
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Wait, you have a glock in a SERPA? How is it NOT killing everyone in sight?
    Because it's only a 9mm. If you want to kill someone, you need at least a .45ACP.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    Because it's only a 9mm. If you want to kill someone, you need at least a .45ACP.
    That doesn't apply with glocks. They're so evil they can turn .22LR into .45ACP through alchemy. It was the lock on the serpa that kept it contained.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    LOL Good one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast