Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default My Prize this past season :)

holliedeer.jpg

see if this worked. This was my deer this season. My mom was proud...taught me everything she knows.

Default Re: My Prize this past season :)

AWESOME!!!
    FJB

(Westmoreland County)

Beautiful buck!

(Mifflin County)

Congrats..

(Lawrence County)

That's a HAWG!

Nice!

Lycanwelldonethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Lancaster County)

Vvery Nice!

(Berks County)

Thanks guys!

I was about 150 yds away I guess. Of course the blind must have fallen over during the night and I couldn't find it while it was dark out so I decided to go all stealth-like and just lay down on the grass. I was on a hill and he was on the other hill with a valley in between. I only saw the top two tines and the rest of him was mostly behind a bush. I couldn't get a good shot. He was rubbing and laid down. An hour went by and finally after some does went by to my left he started to come out. I shot and hit him the first time but shot again when I saw he didnt' fall right away but I guess I missed that shot haha. Thankfully after waiting for an hour to shoot him the jitters had gone away. I didn't realize he was so big at all. I didn't see him run off so I knew I got him. I called over and two guys helped me look. My boyfriend came upon him and was like holy $ babe! Of course we can't talk about how my buck was bigger than his and the other guys hunting there. (my gloat moment) He had a huge body. I called my mom, again, who taught me everything I know about hunting and she said it's good she was in Florida at the time she'd probably have cried. Gotta love her. It's too bad I didn't get what was probably his dad because he was even bigger and probably a 10. But he's too old and smart I didn't see him in hunting season at all.

(Luzerne County)

Beautiful deer,congrads on your harvest.

(Bucks County)

Smile Re: My Prize this past season :)

You know what really chaps my rear end? When some girl starts showing pictures of the deer she took and it's bigger than any I ever got. Or saw in the woods for that matter. Really gets to me when some young boy does it too. As a matter of fact, I get upset when anybody gets to showing pics of deer like that. OOOOH it just chaps my rear en.....

Congratulations Miss. That is a beautiful trophy. Your Mom has much to be proud of in her daughter. The fact that you give Mom credit speaks volumes about your upbringing. America needs more Moms like yours. We could use some Dads with parenting ethics like your Mom's too.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommasig View Post
    Thanks guys!

I was about 150 yds away I guess. Of course the blind must have fallen over during the night and I couldn't find it while it was dark out so I decided to go all stealth-like and just lay down on the grass. I was on a hill and he was on the other hill with a valley in between. I only saw the top two tines and the rest of him was mostly behind a bush. I couldn't get a good shot. He was rubbing and laid down. An hour went by and finally after some does went by to my left he started to come out. I shot and hit him the first time but shot again when I saw he didnt' fall right away but I guess I missed that shot haha. Thankfully after waiting for an hour to shoot him the jitters had gone away. I didn't realize he was so big at all. I didn't see him run off so I knew I got him. I called over and two guys helped me look. My boyfriend came upon him and was like holy $ babe! Of course we can't talk about how my buck was bigger than his and the other guys hunting there. (my gloat moment) He had a huge body. I called my mom, again, who taught me everything I know about hunting and she said it's good she was in Florida at the time she'd probably have cried. Gotta love her. It's too bad I didn't get what was probably his dad because he was even bigger and probably a 10. But he's too old and smart I didn't see him in hunting season at all.

Great deer, and great story. That's a shot I've always wanted to take. Congrats to you and your mom!
    Shooting is, as it has always been, the fabric of America!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast