Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Took the 1911's out shooting

I took both of my 1911's out shooting today. One is a RIA 1911A1. The other is a S&W 1911PD. Both worked flawlessly with a good mix of ammo. One strange thing happened though. The third Mag I shoot the first out of the RIA 1911 did something funny. Every round hit my right ear muff in the same place, 8 rounds total. Never done that before and did not do it again. Used the same mag in both pistols and never hit the ear again. I was shooting strong side one handed bullseye type stance.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Took the 1911's out shooting

My Colt combat commander used to chuck the brass right into my face - when I ended up with a case stuck between my safety glasses and my nose which left a burn mark, I figured that gun and I were not friends and parted company in favor of a Glock 17. Never looked back until recently, somehow the 1911/45 itch never goes completely away.
    Good luck!

Default Re: Took the 1911's out shooting

John Moses Browning sure designed a nice firearm with the 1911. It would be nice to see what is still around in another 100yrs.
    While I was shooting I heard "What was that?" It seems there was a new shooter next to me. The 1911 was chucking some casings over the divider in to her lane. It was a 60+ yr old lady. Her husband had bought her a gun, a compact 9mm from the looks of it. She was signed up for next weeks woman only CC class. Ever since Wisconsin got CCW I am seeing women at the gun shops buying guns in mass.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.