Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Hundreds of guns seized in Butler County

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08038/855599-100.stm

Up to 500 guns seized from home in Butler
    Thursday, February 07, 2008
    By Torsten Ove, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Federal agents this morning seized 410 guns, ranging from assault weapons to pistols, from the home of a man in Butler.

Agents from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, who executed a search warrant in the 400 block of North Sixth Avenue along with Pittsburgh police and state police, arrested Curt P. Radovich, 39.

He is charged in U.S. District Court with dealing weapons without a license and knowinglyg selling to a felon.

He was released on bond after appearing in court this afternoon and will have a preliminary hearing on Tuesday.

I hope this isn't any of our guys.
    Last edited by D-FENS; February 7th, 2008 at 03:56 PM.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Default Re: Hundreds of guns seized in Butler County

oooohh, he said he had a sks at home.. what a dick.. makes the REAL collectors look like felons..give me all of his guns and then lock'em up.

(Northumberland County)

OH GOD an SKS! Call the feds!
    On the other hand, hope this guy gets what he deserves... convicted felon possessing firearms, selling without an FFL, and to a felon. Its guys like that that makes guys like us look bad. Well, him and the media demonizing the "assault weapons" which I am fairly sure werent actually assault weapons, but most likely semi-automatic rifles.

He is out on bond already... any takers as to if he will stick around or not?

(Snyder County)

So where does the line lay here? I mean, you can buy and sell long guns without paperwork. So when does one cross the line from buying and selling part of a personal collection to dealing?

Don't get me wrong, I agree that felons should not have access to guns and if this guy did it knowingly or didn't bother to try to make sure the guy was legit, then he is in the wrong. But how does one know when selling FTF?

Edit: I guess if I read the article before I post, I would be better off. But I didn't realize that the above quote isn't the entire article. So here it is:

Federal agents this morning seized 410 guns, ranging from assault weapons to pistols, from the home of a man in Butler following a month-long undercover investigation.

Police and agents from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives executed a search warrant in the 400 block of North Sixth Avenue and arrested Curt P. Radovich, 39.

He is charged in U.S. District Court with dealing weapons without a license, knowingly selling guns to a felon and possession of guns by a felon.

Mr. Radovich has a felony conviction for aggravated assault in Butler County.

He was released on bond after appearing in court this afternoon and will have a preliminary hearing on Tuesday.

As part of the terms of his release, he was ordered not to have contact with anyone else involved in the case. Agents are investigating other felons who may have bought weapons from Mr. Radovich in the city of Pittsburgh and throughout Western Pennsylvania.

According to an ATF affidavit, Mr. Radovich repeatedly sold guns to a confidential informant and two undercover officers at a Greensburg hotel despite being told that the informant was a felon.

During one meeting on Jan. 17, he told the officers, "I got more at home" and said he had 100 or more weapons in his house. On another occasion on Jan. 31, according to the affidavit, Mr. Radovich said he also had an SKS assault rifle at his house.
    So he was a felon himself. Well, lock him up then.
    Last edited by Zef_66; February 7th, 2008 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    So where does the line lay here? I mean, you can buy and sell long guns without paperwork. So when does one cross the line from buying and selling part of a personal collection to dealing?

Don't get me wrong, I agree that felons should not have access to guns and if this guy did it knowingly or didn't bother to try to make sure the guy was legit, then he is in the wrong. But how does one know when selling FTF?

Edit: I guess if I read the article before I post, I would be better off. But I didn't realize that the above quote isn't the entire article. So here it is:

So he was a felon himself. Well, lock him up then.
    pistols is what he probably sold ftf, and besides being a felon.

(Butler County)

This happened three houses down from me. The guys out on a $10k bond.

(Erie County)

Good! If he was selling those guns to the homies who wouldn't normally pass PICS, he was a HUGE part of the problem.
    I hope he gets the proverbial book thrown at him too if this is true. That's absolutely horrible.

I feel bad for all the innocent guns.
    Last edited by doug; February 8th, 2008 at 04:52 AM.

(Allegheny County)

And when its all said and done, all those guns will be destroyed.
    No signature required.

(Philadelphia County)

Any way to find out where this guy got the guns to begin with?

My theory is they were smuggled in from overseas.

If he bought them lawfully, unfortunately this plays into the "one gun a month" arguments. If we can show this guy smuggled them in or otherwise got them illegally in bulk (and not from a gun shop or gun show), more strength to show the "one gun a month" is the BS it is.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast