Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Just picked up a Citadel M1 Carbine (.22)

Very Cool ~ Still waiting on that Range Report.

If it's a reliable arm, I see it being a Hot Seller. It reminds me a bit of the Crossman BB Gun I had as a Kid, Went from that to a Universal M1 to a Saginaw M1 with an imitation M1A1 stock (I know: It's not Historically Correct)

I got to go with everyone else - Carbine Ammo is almost worth its weight in Gold these days, Wish I had the foresight to stock up on it back in the 80's when it was still common and cheap.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

Quote Originally Posted by elementfreak431 View Post
    How is it operated? Is it a blowback like on the 10/22 or is it actually like an M1 carbine and uses piston/oprod system? Im assuming its blowback because its just a 22...

Gun looks very nice though!!
    According to the Link the OP posted - It's Blowback - Only 10 shot magazine too...WTF? The original was 15 and with it being .22 cal - They should at least be able to make it 20 or 30 and then come out with a look alike M2 magazine that was 50-60 rounds.

Oh well, Still looks like fun.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Northampton County)

Looks really nice. I'd love to have one.

(Columbia County)

Range Report:
    I took this out on Saturday, put 70 or 80 rounds through it and was pretty impressed. It shot well, but I definitely need to take it out again to vouch for the reliability and accuracy.

Saturday was quite a windy and cold day in NE/Central PA and I was wearing gloves. As the bolt cycled, I realized I had my finger on the moving part that extends to the foregrip. This caused a few failures to cycle. I also think having it a bit better lubricated might help (there looked like there was a think film of lubricant from the factory, but in hindsight, probably not enough).

My shots landed a few inches right of where I was aiming, but that is almost definitely due to the wind. I also don't pretend to be an excellent or even average shot, and since I was not exactly using a benchrest or anything, I can't really blame the gun.

As was mentioned, the 10 round magazines are kind of a bummer. I think I spent more time reloading than I actually did shooting. But nonetheless, it was a fun time and I look forward to plinking around with it. Definitely recommend it if you like the M1 Carbine but don't want to shell out the $ for an original or have an aversion to .30 carbine ammo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12