Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saying Hello

(Centre County)

Default Saying Hello

Good afternoon all, just thought that I'd make a post to say hello. I'm Derek and my wife and I are in the process of purchasing a home in Blair County(originally rented in the Bellefonte area) and wanted to basically say hi and see what the Blair Country section was like. Also, wanted to see how the Sheriff's office for Blair County is, and how friendly/supportive they are.

This section doesn't seem to be quite as active in posting as the Centre County section, but to be expected given the number of people in and around State College.

Thanks and looking forward to learning the area ranges and places to shop.

- Derek

(Blair County)

Default Re: Saying Hello

there are some of here. Posting has been limitted to bitchin about the goof of a sheriff we have and random get togethers. There are plenty of clubs in blair to join with ranges. the range from 20 and up. feel free to shot me an PM. A permit is the problem here. the new sheriff will not sign off on anything class three.

(Centre County)

Good to hear there are some clubs to choose from. I usually went to Scotia Range here, which served it's purpose, if not the nicest.

Unfortunate to hear that the Sheriff isn't very good. Hopefully I don't run into any hassle getting my LTCF switched to the new address.

(Blair County)

Shouldnt be an issue getting a permit

(Blair County)

Welcome Derek. When I moved up to State College for work a couple years back I also rented in Bellefonte up near Governor's Park. I am now settled down in Tyrone.

State College is a bit of a vacuum when it comes to shops and ranges, but you have some local options. Tyrone Sportsman is a hole in the wall but I am there a couple times a week. Bellwood is a little drive but a nice range.

If you haven't been to National's shop heading towards Williamsport, it is a great small shop with very friendly people. Cambells and Grices are great shops as well.

(Centre County)

I'll have to check out that range in Bellwood. That's not much of a drive at all, like 1 exit further on I-99. Grice's I've already been to, actually where I bought my Ruger LCP when it came out.

Where is Tryone Sportsman located?

(Blair County)

Tyrone Sportsmen is located just off the Bald Eagle exit. Coming from SC you follow off the exit to the right. Make a left at the red light, then follow about a mile. Just after a very short bridge and right before Smith trucking you will make a right. After that look for the sign on the left.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by VictorSmalls View Post
    Tyrone Sportsmen is located just off the Bald Eagle exit. Coming from SC you follow off the exit to the right. Make a left at the red light, then follow about a mile. Just after a very short bridge and right before Smith trucking you will make a right. After that look for the sign on the left.
    The right is Vansoyc Hollow Road, the left is on Baughville (spelling) Cemetery just past the Walter L Main Circus train wreck memorial.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    The right is Vansoyc Hollow Road, the left is on Baughville (spelling) Cemetery just past the Walter L Main Circus train wreck memorial.
    Thanks for the clarification ScoutJoe

(Blair County)

riggles gap wouldnt be that far either. Brush mountain would be ideal but good luck getting a membership there. And shouldnt you be at work joe. Ill give you a call later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast