Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Question about Hogue grips on a 92A1

I'm thinking about getting a set of the Hogue wraparound grips with the finger grooves on them for my Beratta 92A1. The grips that Hogue has for the 92 series will fit (according to Hogue): models 92F, 92F-S, 92SB, 96, M9, Brigadere, Centurion, Elite, Elite II models, 92d, 92g, and D Models. Nothing from Hogue's knowledge base or a Google search suggests that they will fit the 92A1 but nothing suggests they won't either.

So my question is: Does anyone know if the Hogue model 92000 grip will fit a 92A1, either from some information source I couldn't find or from personal experience? Thanks in advance.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Question about Hogue grips on a 92A1

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a set of the Hogue wraparound grips with the finger grooves on them for my Beratta 92A1. The grips that Hogue has for the 92 series will fit (according to Hogue): models 92F, 92F-S, 92SB, 96, M9, Brigadere, Centurion, Elite, Elite II models, 92d, 92g, and D Models. Nothing from Hogue's knowledge base or a Google search suggests that they will fit the 92A1 but nothing suggests they won't either.

So my question is: Does anyone know if the Hogue model 92000 grip will fit a 92A1, either from some information source I couldn't find or from personal experience? Thanks in advance.
    Did u call Hogue and ask them? That would be the quickest and most definitive answer; if it is all good you can order them while u were on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post

456 - I have a set of Houge grips on my 96 they give the gun a gripper feel and are soft rubber. Some perfer them and others didlike them it really a personal choice. I like the look and feel they give the pistol. I also like the factory grips also the extra rubber does increase grip size for CC work but they do fit so nice. I am not sure I think the A1 grip was changed slightly calling Houge may be the only answer A1 being so new.
    Last edited by Neko456; February 22nd, 2012 at 03:07 PM.

(Montgomery County)

They were on a few used guns I held while shopping and I liked the way the finger grooves felt (even liked the factory ones on the Taurus 24/7's and PT809) so I'm guessing I'd like it especially since it's for range use. It's tough for me to use the phone while I'm at work which is why I thought I'd do some searching around and asking here. I may try to email Hogue. If no one chimes in with a definitive answer I'll post back if I get one from Hogue.

(Northampton County)

Having owned a 92A1, I can't image why they wouldn't fit. Just keep in mine that they'll make that grip FAT.

(Montgomery County)

I'm not worried about making the grip fat. I did hear back from a woman at Hogue that advised me that they do not currently have a 92A1 to verify if it will fit or not. She went on to say that after comparing the information she could find about the frame that she didn't think it would fit because of the front grip strap ribbing.

Now, I appreciated the quick reply and the honest answer but anyone that has or might have seen a 92A1 knows that the ribbing isn't really raised/doesn't increase the exterior size of the grip. It's not like the ribs are raised on the front strap surface. It's more like the recesses are cut into the strap if that makes any sense. I'm not sure I'm explaining it correctly. I'm also not sure offhand what the 92FS or M9/M9A1 has on their front straps.

Anyway, for $16 I think I'm going to take the gamble that they might fit. I'm stubborn like that; like I need to see for myself if it fits or not. If I get it I'll report back on the fit.

(Lancaster County)

Ill ask the question on berettaforum.net for you. You can check for answers there in the Beretta handguns thread.
    Last edited by bripro; February 25th, 2012 at 12:01 AM.

(Jefferson County)

I think the only real difference externally from the 92FS and 92A1 is the rail, which in no part should affect the grip.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

A 92A1 is just a 92 with a rail.

Wraparound finger grooved grips on a 92? wow, thats over kill , the 92 is one of the most mildest shooting/recoiling guns there is.

(Bucks County)

I have the grip on my M9. Fit perfectly, but did make it much fatter of a grip. I don't have big hands, but I can handle it fine. I like the added grip texture. Feels more secure in my hand.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast