Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Sling Reccommendations

I have a Mosin Nagant build. I will be using Sling Swivels. It is complete minus a bipod and a sling. What slings do you guys reccommend in the $25-$30 range.

I will be using this at the range and possibly for hunting, but mainly for punching holes in paper.

Would like to use it while sitting, prone and standing. Will use it in combination with some shooting rests as well. Would prefer leather to go along for asthetic reasons.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Sling Reccommendations

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    I have a Mosin Nagant build. I will be using Sling Swivels. It is complete minus a bipod and a sling. What slings do you guys reccommend in the $25-$30 range.

I will be using this at the range and possibly for hunting, but mainly for punching holes in paper.

Would like to use it while sitting, prone and standing. Will use it in combination with some shooting rests as well. Would prefer leather to go along for asthetic reasons.
    Not leather but canvas like the original Russian sling is the canvas sling used on the Garand . Easy to use and adjust wont slip when in position IF you have it rigged properly IMO just as good a shooting sling as the M1917 leather and alot easier to rig and get off and on your arm, costs about 10 bucks.

Default Re: Sling Reccommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ault View Post
    Not leather but canvas like the original Russian sling is the canvas sling used on the Garand . Easy to use and adjust wont slip when in position IF you have it rigged properly IMO just as good a shooting sling as the M1917 leather and alot easier to rig and get off and on your arm, costs about 10 bucks.
    Well the rifle isn't in military configuartion and thusly I would prefer something non military.