Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association addresses Limerick Township council

On Thursday November 30th, 2006 Daniel Pehrson of the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association along with Ted Noga, a Limerick resident addressed the Limerick Township council regarding the township's prohibition of firearms in local parks.

The Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association is concerned that such a law is in direct conflict with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's pre-emption statute, which prohibits localities within the Commonwealth from regulating the lawful ownership, posession, transfer, or transportation of firearms, ammunition, or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of the Commonwealth.

During the meeting the issue was raised to the council and they were provided with the revlevant statutes so they may look into the issue.

Ted Noga will be heading up future inquiries with the Township to make certain that they have looked into the issue and are taking action to reconcile it. He will be attending the next meeting on December 14th to raise the issue again pressing for an answer and action. We highly encourage any members who are residents of Limerick, PA and nearby areas to contact Mr. Noga and coordinate with him to appear at the meeting as well.

Thank you all for your continued support of the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association, we hope that this can be the first in a long series of actions undertaken by the organization to preserve our rights.

Contact Daniel Pehrson (danp)
    Contact Teg Noga (exceltoexcel)
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association addresses Limerick Township council

wtg guys, any follow-up? was the ordinance passed? Has it been challenged in Court?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association addresses Limerick Township council

The ordinace was in effect before we went, I contacted several attorneys and the attorney general on the issue. Still waiting for a few tidbits before I go back.

(Berks County)

Has there been any update on this?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by nra-life-member View Post
    Has there been any update on this?
    I haven't actually heard from Ted in a while and with all the new terrible bills around this sort of dropped down on the priority list.

I'll send Ted an email and see what he's up to.
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Berks County)

Hey all,

Made a post in the sleeping thread on this topic you might be interested in. As the post says, I don't know what's up with this issue, and it's just a personal experience. Take it FWIW.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pennsylva...html#post54166
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Berks County)

I would be interested in obtaining any supporting data you presented to the Limerick Township Council. In Berks County, firearms are prohibited in all county parks except for special hunts organized by the county commissioners.

I wrote the Berks County Parks Department and asked if this applied to people with a License to Carry. They told me the license was not valid in their parks. I would love to have a legal precedence that I could present to the county commissioners. I am not a lawyer, so any advice anyone can give me on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SSCUSTER View Post
    I would be interested in obtaining any supporting data you presented to the Limerick Township Council. In Berks County, firearms are prohibited in all county parks except for special hunts organized by the county commissioners.

I wrote the Berks County Parks Department and asked if this applied to people with a License to Carry. They told me the license was not valid in their parks. I would love to have a legal precedence that I could present to the county commissioners. I am not a lawyer, so any advice anyone can give me on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

There's a long discussion about the ins and outs of these policies in this thread.

We're still very interested in resolving these issues with regards to unofficial "off-limits" places that counties seem to think they can make, however at the moment our resources are being focused mostly on all the terrible legislation being put forth right now.

(Berks County)

Thanks, Dan. That other thread has just what I am looking for!

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association addresses Limerick Township council

So, what does their solictor, Big Joe McGrory, have to say about this in Township Supervisors meetings?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast