Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Gun confiscation

I know this has been covered on different levels. I was curious with gun confiscation that had gone on from Katrina, and me trying to descifer ammendments, the militia deal for right to bear arms. What actually constitutes a militia? What laws prohibit such confiscation if any? I read a blog somewhere where there was a man defneding the fact that firearms are confiscated during such emrgancies. Specifically stating if you dont like the rules the door is open and he promises not shoot at you on your way out...I almost threw my laptop against the wall. I am also trying to get a pole of people who actually intend to meet such confiscation with force...Not people who say yea I'll do it. but serious people who are not joking about actually shooting back and holding ground against PD and or Military to keep their rights on bearing arms during such an emrgancy. I read an article of a man who had all his guns taken from in mississippi and an hour later three thugs broke in his house held him and his family at gun point and stole all his food and supplies. This is the scariest thing I ever heard of. I do not get on here that much so if I do not relpy to things right away. please excuse my absense. I will be back to check up later on.

Default Re: Gun confiscation

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonutzz View Post
    ... I read an article of a man who had all his guns taken from in mississippi and an hour later three thugs broke in his house held him and his family at gun point and stole all his food and supplies. ...
    Can you post a link to this story?
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Philadelphia County)

(Philadelphia County)

may not be true...but it is a huge possibility.

(Philadelphia County)

(Centre County)

What defines the Militia?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Militia Act of 1792
    Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia, by the Captain or Commanding Officer of the company, within whose bounds such citizen shall reside, and that within twelve months after the passing of this Act.
    What law prohibits disarmament of the militia?

Quote Originally Posted by Second Amendment to the United States Constitution
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    "Cave Johnson. We're done here."

(Dauphin County)

Both the organized and unorganized militia are specifically defined under current U.S. law.

But there's historical evidence that "militia" basically just meant the body of free men. Today we have thankfully abolished slavery and also would not discriminate on the basis of gender, so my answer is that the militia is composed of every citizen of the United States willing and able to bear arms in defense of his or her country.

But that's not really the issue, becuase the second amendment doesn't say "the militia shall not be disarmed". It says "the right of the people ... shall not be infringed". So even if "militia" is defined more narrowly, "the people" have the right to be free from confiscation of arms.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Monroe County)

Now now . . .

Remember . . . .

We must all get behind and back Granny Bloomburg (Plutocrat and native of Massachusetts) and Mumbles Menino (4th term drooling idiot Mayor of Boston) and strive for: "Common Sense Gun Registration"!

(Monroe County)

P.S. With regard to "A Well Regulated Militia".

As a life long student of late 18th Century American society, the definition of that passage within the 2nd Amendment is totally clear and apparent even to the most despicable subversive liberal elitist.

Using legal vernacular of the time, the founders wanted to present a basic and concise term. The word "Regulated" is used as a word amalgamation of "Regular" or "Regulation" and "Standard" . As . . . the "Militia" (armed citizenry) needs to be "Well Standardized" as in "Regulation" similar or having same equipment and weaponry as an official standing military soldier of the day.

It can be supposed that the founders were concerned about the armed citizen militia again showing up at a place like Lexington Green clutching squirrel guns along with grandpa's ancient smoke stick getting into a fire-fight with British " Regular" Light Infantry and Grenadier troops. Before battling with "Enemies Foreign or Domestic" the militia first needs to be "Well Regulated" with even a rudimentary military training and moderate standardization of firearms. Otherwise . . . the "Militia" as legally designated in the Second Amendment, would in fact be just a random armed mob of uncontrolled rabble.

As clearly spelled out in the Bill Rights . . . 2nd Amendment . . . there will be a "Well Regulated Militia" . . . and that right "shall NOT "be infringed" The militia in the 1780s would probably meet the requirement of the 2nd Amendment by then being generally armed with hand-me-down or captured British Brown Bess and French supplied muskets.

In compliance to the letter of the United States 2nd Amendment law, we of the citizen militia should in fact be rightfully equipped with the latest versions of squad weapons such as M16/M4 rifle, M60 type machine gun, some light artillery and probably a few small caliber mortars.

After all . . . the Constitution of the United States calls for a "Well Regulated Militia".
    Last edited by Capt Quahog; February 18th, 2012 at 06:14 PM.

(Monroe County)

Twency just to abutt your statement , yes the militia meant the whole people of the united states.

On another note , the 2nd amendmt. of constitution means the people and not the Militia as the constitution were ratified in 1789 and the militia act in 1792,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast