Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Guthsville Gun Club

Hi, I'm looking to join Guthsville Gun Club the place seems nice and it's right up the street for me. Does anyone know what the deal is with the safety meeting they have once a month. They say it's mandatory to become a member only problem is its at night and my wife works night leaving me home with the little ones. I don't want to drag the kids to the meeting. I sent an email and never heard back, I offered to meet with someone to go over rules during the day. Any help would be great. Thanks Adam

Default Re: Guthsville Gun Club

Send another email. Be persistent. I cannot speak for anyone officially, but I am pretty sure that a couple of the guys who hang out there making sure things go properly would be the same people who do or can give the safety talk. That talk is a fairly recent thing, since a lot of new members were doing stupid or dangerous things right after getting their card.

(Lehigh County)

Thanks, is there anyone in particular that I should send an email to that you know of. Thanks Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam76 View Post
    Thanks, is there anyone in particular that I should send an email to that you know of. Thanks Adam
    I would try emailing the president, Burt. Failing that, if you are free during the day, take a ride over and look for Dale or Dale. Yeah, that's right. Dale A. or Dale B. I am not joking. Those are the two guys who do an awful lot to keep that place running during the day. Either of them would very likely be able to answer your questions. Then there is Dan the groundskeeper. He is a very friendly guy, but is not often found on the ranges. He is at work somewhere on the place.

(Lehigh County)

I joined on Feb. 18th ,except an e-mail recept for the for dues payment from a Bert Schaffer I also havent heard anything yet. I also can't attend the safety meeting, I work 2nd shift.

Quote Originally Posted by bolewine View Post
    I joined on Feb. 18th ,except an e-mail recept for the for dues payment from a Bert Schaffer I also havent heard anything yet. I also can't attend the safety meeting, I work 2nd shift.
    Did you read what I wrote in the post above yours?

(Lehigh County)

I'm a member...pre-date the safety lecture (joined a few years back). Nice range.

(Not answering the OP's questions...but)...When I was in school back in Chicago, we had a couple of AR15.com get togethers at Ottaway, IL (about an hour & a half away from Chicago). Met some good buddies there that I still hear from occasionally.

Wonder if it's worth doing an occasional meet/greet there on a given weekend (warning the range that xxx people will be coming, and get approval to bring small grills, etc...).

AFARR

(Carbon County)

I read in another post that you were allowed to load more than 3 rounds in a mag at this place? Do they allow you to speed dump mags? I'll try searching online for prices and more information for myself but those two thing would have to be a must for me. Its not like id do it everyday it would just be for me to test malfunctions in a new purchase.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tele View Post
    I read in another post that you were allowed to load more than 3 rounds in a mag at this place? Do they allow you to speed dump mags? I'll try searching online for prices and more information for myself but those two thing would have to be a must for me. Its not like id do it everyday it would just be for me to test malfunctions in a new purchase.
    The only magazine limits are on the 100 yd range

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tele View Post
    Honestly, not going to lie, there are some assholes there. Im young, my friends are young. Were all responsible, not obnoxious, very safety conscious but still attract assholes while shooting AKs and ARs. Some tool shed tried to tell me I was firing rapidly from the hip and that it's a waste if it's not hitting the target. (he made this determination from 2 ranges away mind you) and just to be clear I wasnt firing from the hip. Just firing quickly but controlled and from a standing position.

But besides that for the most part people leave you alone. Just every now and then there's that guy with a stick up his ass.

Edit: I did just want to add, I do love and support this range and shoot here often and have learned from people there.
    Last edited by ffighter530; April 26th, 2012 at 09:31 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast