Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default looking to buy first AR-15????

I am in the market to purchase my first AR-15 and have no idea where to even start. there are so many options and manufacturers. i dont want junk. i want a quality firearm. im looking to buy something fully assembled ready to go. it doesnt have to be brand new but being the rookie i am in the AR department i dont wanna get hosed when i buy something used. any insight or thoughts are greatly appreciated...
    "CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND"

(Erie County)

Default Re: looking to buy first AR-15????

Quote Originally Posted by FiveseveNGUY View Post
    I am in the market to purchase my first AR-15 and have no idea where to even start. there are so many options and manufacturers. i dont want junk. i want a quality firearm. im looking to buy something fully assembled ready to go. it doesnt have to be brand new but being the rookie i am in the AR department i dont wanna get hosed when i buy something used. any insight or thoughts are greatly appreciated...

www.ar15.com is a good place to start.

Buy new.

(Lackawanna County)

How about read the 4 different topics already discussing this in the past week? Seriously, use the search button at the top of the page or just scroll through the last week of posts in the rifle forum. It has been beaten to death too many times!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    How about read the 4 different topics already discussing this in the past week? Seriously, use the search button at the top of the page or just scroll through the last week of posts in the rifle forum. It has been beaten to death too many times!!
    BLESS YOU MY SON!!
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Beaver County)

WOW! SORRY I ASKED....
    "CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND"

(Cumberland County)

figure out what you want to use the rifle for. The barrel length, brand and many other choices will vary depending on what you want it for. You may be perfectly happy with a M&P15 Sport, or possibly need a BCM. But I'm willing to bet, you'd be happy with an M&P15 Sport.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FiveseveNGUY View Post
    WOW! SORRY I ASKED....
    Try saying "clip" or "permit" and you'll be even sorrier. Plenty of tough love folks on this forum.

I own multiple ARs and I'll say Stag Arms makes a great budget rifle backed by a lifetime guarantee. If you got extra coin to spend, you can't go wrong with a Bravo Company (BCM) rifle. With the abundance of AR manufacturers, you'd be hard pressed to find a bad rifle these days.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Try saying "clip" or "permit" and you'll be even sorrier. Plenty of tough love folks on this forum.

I own multiple ARs and I'll say Stag Arms makes a great budget rifle backed by a lifetime guarantee. If you got extra coin to spend, you can't go wrong with a Bravo Company (BCM) rifle. With the abundance of AR manufacturers, you'd be hard pressed to find a bad rifle these days.
    I agree. I'll say that Colt makes a FAR better rifle than Bushmaster, you'll likely never know the difference if you don't know a lot about the platform or if you're not using it VERY hard. If you're going to be using your rifle HARD and it needs to be 100% under severe conditions, I'd avoid the cheaper stuff. People, myself included seem to like to sprout off a bunch of high end rifles, when really, 85% of civilian AR owners will never know the difference or use they're rifle to the that extent. Of course it's good to buy better than you need. I must say, You can get a Colt under $1000 these days. If I didn't already own my M&P15, I'd jump on that.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by EvoRich View Post
    I agree. I'll say that Colt makes a FAR better rifle than Bushmaster, you'll likely never know the difference if you don't know a lot about the platform or if you're not using it VERY hard. If you're going to be using your rifle HARD and it needs to be 100% under severe conditions, I'd avoid the cheaper stuff. People, myself included seem to like to sprout off a bunch of high end rifles, when really, 85% of civilian AR owners will never know the difference or use they're rifle to the that extent. Of course it's good to buy better than you need. I must say, You can get a Colt under $1000 these days. If I didn't already own my M&P15, I'd jump on that.
    +1. If a person will only buy one rifle and that's it, I steer them towards a BCM or same tier brands. If they're recreational shooters and want a great beater rifle, I recommend Stags BC of their warranty and customer service.

(Lycoming County)

Save your money up for an all original unfired FA Colt M16 A2 Commando 11.5" bbl
    They are going for 20-25k right now but you will get black rifle disease out of your system all at once and probably save money in the long run..

I'm just kidding

But seriously If you have a grand to dump into an AR-15 I would get a Colt like the others have said.

And don't let em' give ya any shit about how many "first time AR-15" threads there are hahaha.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast