Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default New Gun Shop at Stony Creek?

Earlier today at the former Stony Creek gun shop (on Perkiomen ave. near the McDonalds/Auto Zone intersection) I saw a few cars out front and lights on inside. Does anyone here know if someone is going to reopen another shop at that location?
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Berks County)

Default Re: New Gun Shop at Stony Creek?

no idea, but would be completely stoked if they did!! lived in Exeter my entire life and that is less than 1 miles from my house...

(Berks County)

rumors i have heard she is going to have an auction for all the junk she has leftover. i wouldn't recommend buying anything its prolly all the mismatched crapped up parts that wouldn't sell, airsoft parts andbut as 25 year old mildewed holsters.
    its a real shame with all the hard work art put into the place it has allot of potential . but as long as its in her possession. it will never work.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by partsman View Post
    rumors i have heard she is going to have an auction for all the junk she has leftover
    A few days ago I saw several trucks from an auction company on location.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by partsman View Post
    rumors i have heard she is going to have an auction for all the junk she has leftover. i wouldn't recommend buying anything its prolly all the mismatched crapped up parts that wouldn't sell, airsoft parts andbut as 25 year old mildewed holsters.
    its a real shame with all the hard work art put into the place it has allot of potential . but as long as its in her possession. it will never work.
    Tom, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    There is still 20+ years of accumulated garbage in the warehouse, along with god knows how much debris scattered throughout the other buildings.

I was paying $3000/mo in rent, along with another $1000+ in utilities every month. Sales on a good month were between $18-22k.

She wanted $650k for the property.
    I had a CMA done when we first moved in and it wasn't worth a dime over $250k.

I tried to hang in as long as possible... but no matter how I crunched numbers, the Math just didn't support it.

Add in all the ghetto trash I had to toss out so regularly... the nickel and dime BS from the landlord... and the decision to close was an easy one for me.

Anyone else with big dreamy ideas can feel free to contact me with any questions. I doubt anyone else would be as foolish as me to try and make something of that place.

Live and learn I guess.
    Last edited by Dragracer_Art; February 20th, 2012 at 01:23 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
    Tom, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    There is still 20+ years of accumulated garbage in the warehouse, along with god knows how much debris scattered throughout the other buildings.

I was paying $3000/mo in rent, along with another $1000+ in utilities every month. Sales on a good month were between $18-22k.

She wanted $650k for the property.
    I had a CMA done when we first moved in and it wasn't worth a dime over $250k.

I tried to hang in as long as possible... but no matter how I crunched numbers, the Math just didn't support it.

Add in all the ghetto trash I had to toss out so regularly... the nickel and dime BS from the landlord... and the decision to close was an easy one for me.

Anyone else with big dreamy ideas can feel free to contact me with any questions. I doubt anyone else would be as foolish as me to try and make something of that place.

Live and learn I guess.
    she tried to pull that bs with me $650 k for that building is insane, and i just dont get where she comes up with that figure, like you said the cma is under 3.
    i had people willing to back me when this first all went down an they told her she was completely nuts with that figure.
    sorry things didnt work out for you but things happen for a reason...
    maybe one day all the bad stuff that horrible woman done will catch up with her......

A friend of mine, who just happens to be an FFL, has always said "never go into business where someone else went out of business" Sadly the Fishers and their shop were known as the people and place to go do a straw purchase, that poisonous past is hard to shake in that location.

Without someone in there paying a lease, her expenses will mount and her price will rapidly comedown to where the CMA put it.