Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default SIRT Training Pistol

Has anyone tried one of these laser training pistols? They are pricey but it looks like a great idea. I found one for $365. I shoot a Glock and other firing pin activated lasers are not going to be much help since the trigger doesn't reset. I looked at trigger reset kits along with different laser cartridges and they come out to almost the same price. The advantage of this training pistol is it's not a real gun. I could bring this into NY to work and train at lunch. I tried a gas blowback airsoft and it works OK. The balls are a pain in the ass and you have to refill with propane every other mag. The balls aren't accurate to more than about 7-10 yards either. What do you guys think, would you buy one?

http://nextleveltraining.com/content...istol-overview
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: SIRT Training Pistol

I have had one for about 8 mos and find it very useful. I also use it for demonstration purposes when the need arises.

(Allegheny County)

Yes, very useful.

Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Allegheny County)

I have one, it has A LOT of very good uses.

I was going to spend the money on a G34. I figured I don't need a gun to be better at shooting, I need better and more practice. This looked like a great way to do that. I ordered it the other day with a spare mag.

(Allegheny County)

I went down this road a few different ways in the past.

Way #1, Glock 17"R" It is a red Frame gun with Black slide, has reset trigger, and then you add a laser insert from Laserlite.

The gun cost $517 (Wholesale) and the Laser ran about $100.

Way #2 was a gun for when I was teaching a class. I purchased a lone wolf slide and added a barrel that I plugged, the slide had a filled striker hole. I had about $275 in that setup.

I looked at a couple other options also.

1. Glockstore.com- They have a trigger rest kit for Glocks for $199 and the magic bullet insert for $160. I thought way too much money for what you get. Laserlyte also makes a laser bullet for around $80. I guess it would work with this trigger reset kit.

2. Southwestshootingauthority.com-They have a trigger reset kit for $55, but it doesn't activate the striker to hit the laser "bullet". Laserlyte makes sound activated laser inserts that activate off the sound of the trigger pull. I found those around $100. From reviews I read it wasn't very reliable and was difficult to keep in the gun correctly. They also said it was a pain in the ass taking the battery out after each use. I never used one but this is what I read.

All the reviews I read about the SIRT pistol were good. It's designed for a specific purpose and is reliable. I would rather pay the money and not have to screw with it every time I want to practice. Mike Hughes the designer seems like a great guy. I seen him post on the Brian Enos website and directly answer questions about the SIRT pistol. Of course he's trying to make a buck, but he really believes in his product and stands behind it. He posted his phone number and extension if people had problems or questions. It doesn't get much better than that.

(Allegheny County)

If you use a coupon for the SIRT it makes far less sense to mess with trigger reset devices and so on. The Pro model was $300 shipped, the student version came in at ~$230 with the same coupon.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...