Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: guns you wish you didn't sell

My first ever rifle.
    My Marlin/Glenfield Bolt action 22 l-s-lr.

:/

I do not regret selling my first ever gun which was my Ruger SR9, Just didnt like it. I did like the fact that it could handle +P+ but, i like my glock 19 MUCH better.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Lawrence County)

I sold a Star PD-.45acp that I had bought new in 75. I need some quick cash to finance a birthday gift for my oldest son. He was turning sixteen and I was more into revolvers. I've been half heartedly looking for one ever since.

Fast forward twenty years and the boy conned me into a trip to the gun shop where he presented me with a Kimber Ultra CDP for fathers day. I guess what goes around, comes around...
    Last edited by 2Late45; February 19th, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.

(Montgomery County)

Several years ago I had sold an AMD65 because it was jamming every 5 rounds or so. Knowing more about firearms, I could probably have fixed it. Every other gun I've sold that I ended up regretting had since been replaced.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Bucks County)

6" Colt Python blue.
    John Wayne edition 30-30 with box, unfired.
    Both cases, I was a poor Airman in need of money to get home for a family funeral and the Red cross and a corrupt, racist, First Sergeant both refused to help me out. To this day, I will not donate a red cent to the Red Cross (Salvation Army gets my generous donations) and I actively watch for Frank Osuna to stroll through my crosshairs. It'll happen, sooner or later, it'll happen.

(Montgomery County)

Sold a Remington .410 shotgun that was given to me by my grandfather 6 years ago - was my first gun. Used it to buy my first Glock.

My grandfather passed away about a year and a half ago and then it hit me as to how much that gun meant to me... Thankfully I had the guy's contact info that I sold it to. Explained the situation - told him I felt like an a-hole for asking to buy it back - offered him double what I sold it to him for without him even telling me a price.

So, I got it back, but learned my lesson... Although, I would have paid much more than that if thats what it came down to...

(Chester County)

I had a P7M8 I bought used LNIB back in 1998 for $600. I got $800 in trade value in 2006. If I still had it it would be worth probably $1200+, especially in the condition it was in. DOH!

I traded a Norinco MAK-90 at the same time and got $300 in value after paying $200 for it used in 1999. I'm guessing it's probably worth at least $600+ now. DOUBLE-DOH!!

I'm very hesitant to sell or trade in anything anymore, unless I'm buying a gun to specifically replace another; then I'll get rid of the old one.

AMC
    Feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/57629-amc58.html
    NRA Endowment Life Member

I wish I would have kept the wasr10 I had. Yeah, it was just a "lowly" wasr but it had smooth wood, straight sights and it worked. On the fence about wishing I didn't get rid of the little NAA I had, but they're cheap enough that I can pick a new one up any time. Don't regret getting rid of the others.
    Last edited by Lucas; February 22nd, 2012 at 07:23 PM.

(Monroe County)

The three I've sold were all .22's. Only one do I regret selling.
    A 1936 Stevens 416 Govt Marked bolt action. Paid $75 for it. Turns out it was worth a lot more than the $100 I sold it for. Man was that one accurate gun.
    The P22 I sold found itself a nice NFA home with a supressor. And who knows what has become of my PITA to clean GSG-5.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Philadelphia County)

Two Aks, 1 AR, 1 Glock 19, and 1 SKS. I miss them all lol!

(Delaware County)

In the early 80s I sold a colt combat commander in 45ACP, nickel finish, to a friend for under market value. Gun was bought new by me in 1977 and never fired.
    Oh well, I get to visit it every now and then. My friend, being an investor in firearms, has not fired the gun either. He probably has not shot any of his guns for 20 years. Such people can be the subject for another post.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast