Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Unhappy Philly concealed carry permit DISAPPROVED?!

About 5 months ago, I applied to purchase a hunting rifle from Dick's. I got refused and appealed it with the PA state troopers. Few weeks later, i received a denial reversal letter saying i was legally allowed to purchase and transfer a firearm. Then i went to the gun store and purchase my first SW 9mm. Everything went great, Then i applied to get my license to carry concealed permit here in philly, and today i received a disapproved letter. It doesn't say i was disapproved for prior convictions or arrests ( which i have arrests but none were convictions and all were expunged). All is says is that Applicant is an individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety. I DONT UNDERSTAND !! Anyone been through this before? I will file an appeal but don't really know what to expect at that court hearing? If anyones been through this, please give me a heads up. Thanks

Default Re: Philly concealed carry permit DISAPPROVED?!

Look into the Florida LTCF, I think you can also get an out of state from Arizona and Nevada, these states also have reciprocity with Pa.
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Philadelphia County)

I was considering that also, Do you think its worth it to appeal? or not even waste time.

(York County)

1) Move out of Philly, to another county, other than Montgomery.
    2) Apply in your new county of residence.
    3)?????
    4) PROFIT!

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Look into the Florida LTCF, I think you can also get an out of state from Arizona and Nevada, these states also have reciprocity with Pa.
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184
    Nevada doesn't share reciprocity with PA. AZ and UT do. However, when I applied for AZ and UT I had to include a photocopy of my LTCF. They require you to be licensed somewhere else first.

So Florida is your best bet. Or moving to Bucks, Delaware or Chester counties.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Philadelphia County)

Anyone know of the process to get the permit from florida? Requirements? And I'm thinking, For whatever reason ( i can't think of any) philadelphia denied me, can florida deny me also?

Quote Originally Posted by John3790 View Post
    I was considering that also, Do you think its worth it to appeal? or not even waste time.
    The only way to truly appeal is through the court of common pleas.
    Phillies appeal system is a kangaroo court not interested justice.
    In all likelihood they will still deny you, and in the meantime likely run out the clock so you cannot legally appeal or reapply for one year. You only have 30 days to appeal through the court system.

My recommendation is to retain a lawyer and file an appeal. In the meantime appeal to Phillies court jesters, and be represented. Also in the meantime apply for a FL or AZ non resident permit. It’s 100% legal so screw Philly.

I know it’s easier and far cheaper to just ignore the problem and apply for non resident permits, but IMO its your job to do your best to fight the outlaws running Philly.
    FUCK BIDEN

OP if you can just move out of Filthy and into another county. I realize that may be easier said than done! In Montgomery county they have an extra step with getting your LTCF. In some countys it is as easy as a back ground check and getting your pic taken. Then out the door you go.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by John3790 View Post
    About 5 months ago, I applied to purchase a hunting rifle from Dick's. I got refused and appealed it with the PA state troopers. Few weeks later, i received a denial reversal letter saying i was legally allowed to purchase and transfer a firearm. Then i went to the gun store and purchase my first SW 9mm. Everything went great, Then i applied to get my license to carry concealed permit here in philly, and today i received a disapproved letter. It doesn't say i was disapproved for prior convictions or arrests ( which i have arrests but none were convictions and all were expunged). All is says is that Applicant is an individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety. I DONT UNDERSTAND !! Anyone been through this before? I will file an appeal but don't really know what to expect at that court hearing? If anyones been through this, please give me a heads up. Thanks
    Step one: lawyer, ASAP

Step two: lawyer appeals on your behalf

Step three: look into non-resident licenses

I am not a lawyer, my opinions only, good luck. You are yet another victim of Philly's guilty until proven innocent mindset.

(Bucks County)

And Philly wonders why there are so many residents getting out of state permits... and then wanting to stop that too. It sickens me that I live so close to that shit-hole. And that when someone (from another state) asks where I live I have to say Philly just so they get the general area.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast